Firmware update only did partial upgrade?
#3
I think I've figured it out - I found the recovery script here:
https://github.com/Biktorgj/quectel_eg25...flashstock

Which shows flashing individual modules of the firmware.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "Sending AT+QFASTBOOT..."
sudo sh -c 'echo -ne "AT+QFASTBOOT\r" > /dev/ttyUSB2'
echo "Sending OEM STAY in case the custom bootloader is installed"
fastboot oem stay
echo "Waiting to settle..."
sleep 2
echo "Start flashing!"
fastboot flash aboot update/appsboot.mbn || exit "Failed to flash the bootloader"
fastboot flash:raw boot update/mdm9607-boot.img || exit "Failed to flash main kernel"
fastboot flash:raw recovery update/mdm9607-boot.img || exit "Failed to flash recovery kernel"
fastboot flash system update/mdm9607-sysfs.ubi || exit "Failed to flash the system partition"
fastboot flash recoveryfs update/mdm9607-recovery.ubi || exit "Failed to flash the recovery partition"
fastboot flash modem update/NON-HLOS.ubi || exit "Failed to flash ADSP firmware"
fastboot reboot
echo "Done!"

Again, the command to set the modem into flashing mode didn't work, so I used the other one, and manually ran each flashing command.
The firmware version string reported by the modem is now as expected: 01.003.01.003

Time will tell if it has made any difference to the SMS receive issue...

(09-26-2026, 08:15 AM)Gumur Wrote: You did not need atinout for this.

It seems you did the job as normal user, but must open a root terminal (sudo su) before fastboot ....

Ahh thanks, I will try it next time.
Sorry I did not notice you had replied, I didn't get a notification email...

But I think the real problem was that first command was only flashing one part/module of the firmware, not the whole thing?
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Firmware update only did partial upgrade? - by Agent24 - 09-26-2026, 05:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  eMMC upgrade EuvzO8 5 7,427 11-08-2023, 11:58 PM
Last Post: brken
  firmware udate Quectel EG25-G modem alwi 7 15,538 07-06-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: user641
  Need command to tell what modem firmware I am on. purpletiger 4 8,268 07-06-2022, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  camera firmware problems kqlnut 25 42,920 09-02-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  3/32 upgrade board, Arrived Without Firmware, Troubleshooting Steps to SOLVED biketool 0 3,237 06-22-2021, 10:03 AM
Last Post: biketool
  WIFI not available after anx7688 update failure frimmel 21 36,465 05-11-2021, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frimmel
  Fail safe way to update ANX7688 firmware scholbert 24 45,886 04-01-2021, 01:28 PM
Last Post: zborgerd
  Pinephone mainboard v1.2 documentation update? scholbert 1 4,995 01-18-2021, 09:01 PM
Last Post: bokomaru
  New motherboard - ANX firmware won't flash. --- 17 26,282 12-26-2020, 01:53 PM
Last Post: p1x3l3d
  Update to 3GB/32GB mainboard not working tlo 2 6,719 11-09-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: tlo

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)