FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 Modems, FOSS FW upgr breaks funct- repair FW and IMEI rebuild
(The fix for disfunctional but flashable after firmware load in newer EC25 modems PPP and maybe newer PPs is described here https://themodemdistro.com/efs_recovery )

The process for installing the firmware on my old pinephone was pretty easy; download, unzip, and run flashall then follow instructions to flash the NON-HLOS.ubi 
https://github.com/the-modem-distro/pine...LASHING.md
I never encountered any problems.

I got a replacement upgrading to PPpro; mostly the same modem (uses nano vs micro-SIM); the behavior after flashing is very different.  
After running flashall utility and the NON-HLOS.ubi(ADSP) successfully the modem reboots but has the slash through the signal-bars symbol and no longer works for telephony and GPS though shows as a quectel modem on lsusb.  I managed to spend a few evening hours a few weeks ago flashing between the upgraded firmware and the stock quectel_eg25_recovery and firehose flashing utility, and every ADSP found on the git; I gave up and let the PPpro sit until the next day with the battery out.  For no reason I know of the modem was working at bootup of the PPpro where it had not the night before.

After having modem audio problems likely related to Mobian unstable updates I tried flashing the modem to a different more stable ADSP thinking it was the full shutdown vs hot-rebooting(no full shutdown/power-down for modem) that was my previous problem.  

As I am sure others have experienced this problem.
What is the best way to debug a 'stuck' modem that does partly boot, can be flashed, but will not connect to the network or give a GPS ttyusb interface beyond trying flashing the stock firmware?  Once fixed I will try to document it as best I can for the wiki.

Messages In This Thread
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 Modems, FOSS FW upgr breaks funct- repair FW and IMEI rebuild - by biketool - 09-12-2024, 11:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Instructions to change the IMEI kwdevel 0 7,087 05-31-2022, 12:54 PM
Last Post: kwdevel
Wink Pinephone IMEI changing info: do you think its OK for a Wiki? mikeb 28 29,237 05-28-2022, 10:49 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Speakers not working after repair? ImmyChan 1 2,609 03-23-2021, 10:34 AM
Last Post: MtnSk8
  No IMEI for Braveheart Pinephone? curtvaughan 4 8,284 02-15-2020, 09:23 AM
Last Post: curtvaughan