wasp-os status
(08-24-2023, 09:46 PM)GaryM Wrote: Did you follow the instructions installing Wasp-os from Infinitime?

Cheers!
Gary

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I haven't gotten a good outcome so far. This is a factory sealed watch, so I'm afraid I might be stuck for good.

That video doesn't work for me as advertised. The blue pinecone slowly turning white is replaced by a white pinecone that only stays for a second. 

The first time I tried to do this, the watch kept boot looping and the nrf connect process kept restarting. I tried to use watchmate to upload reloader-mcuboot.zip and it sort of seemed to work.

Then I could connect with nrfConnect, but the results are still not good.

I can upload reloader-mcuboot.zip and micropython.zip, but then it hangs at 100% and the watch is left in an unusable state. I wait a very long time at 100%, and nothing happens. The last message in the log says "[DFU] Uploading firmware..."

Eventually I have to exit. I see a pinecone with an arrow labeled Start. I click the watch button. The white pinecone appears for one second and I'm back to the start arrow. I can keep pushing the button and the same thing repeats.

I exit and relaunch nrf Connect. I re-connect to PineDFU in order to install reloader-factory.zip, when the process once again hangs at 100%. It sits there with the pinecone/bluetooth screen and nothing happens for a long time. nRF Connect says "uploading..." and the upload status is at 100% (5.5kb/s) even though it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Eventually I get sick of waiting and disconnect. The watch is now in an unusable state with the Pinecone logo and a bluetooth icon next to it.

I can upload anything with nrf Connect but the upload always freezes at 100% and the result is no change to the watch.

I'm afraid this may have cost me my PineTime watch.

Messages In This Thread
wasp-os status - by erikzoltan - 08-23-2023, 06:57 PM
RE: wasp-os status - by GaryM - 08-24-2023, 09:46 PM
RE: wasp-os status - by erikzoltan - 08-27-2023, 12:03 PM
RE: wasp-os status - by GaryM - 08-28-2023, 04:59 PM
RE: wasp-os status - by erikzoltan - 08-31-2023, 09:47 AM
RE: wasp-os status - by xet7 - 10-06-2023, 11:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wasp-os editing main.py Mpoint 4 3,005 08-07-2021, 02:34 PM
Last Post: danielt
Sad wasp simulation error pratyush049 1 3,153 06-24-2020, 06:51 AM