PPP may be a long wait for viability.
If I was trying to sue it as a daily driver I'd probably use tow-boot's USB mass storage boot option and take a whole device image to my desktop machine so I could put it back exactly as I left it before the upgrade. Whether that's a raw device image with dd, or a partition-aware and filesystem-aware imaging tool that can save and restore only the used bits is a personal choice. They each have pros and cons - the dd image is bigger and takes longer, but can be loop mounted to get stuff out of it more easily. Whether you're using encrypted filesystems might force your hand - I don't know if the filesystem-aware ones handle that.

On the openmoko I had multiple partitions to pick from at boot, but its u-boot could use the screen as well as buttons so it was more like the p-boot experience on the PP and I don't think it's a viable option on the Pro. The Qi bootloader that appeared later was closer to the tow-boot experience from what I remember, and limited the options somewhat for the benefit of being faster.

Messages In This Thread
PPP may be a long wait for viability. - by Chief - 06-11-2022, 06:44 PM
RE: PPP may be a long wait for viability. - by wibble - 06-13-2022, 03:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Wait times for Pinephone Pro delivery in 2022? danimations 2 1,713 05-06-2022, 07:22 AM
Last Post: danimations
  No boot at all after long time on wall charger tckosvic 4 2,675 02-13-2022, 07:37 PM
Last Post: icantremember