PPP may be a long wait for viability.
After doing plenty of reading and research into my PPP and several operating systems installed I have realized that the PPP has got quite a ways to go before it can be used reliably. At present my device will once again not boot but I have been through this before and successfully recovered it -- but for what? The device is unreliable and I decided to box (just like the cylons in Battle Star Galactica). I already have two PP Convergence and they run nicely but I have also noticed that the rolling release concept of updates can also hurt your reliability. After a problem in the last update on my PPC concerning Uboot and Settings updates it caused my device to sleep and then require a hard boot to recover. This is a first problem with PPC in my opinion and experience. I have now realized that updating is not a great idea so I suggest once a standard of good has been achieved, your happy with device operation - don't update. Freeze it right there in that sweet spot. I had to flash my PPC with Arch Linux 2022-05 version which by the way included those updates and the device is fine - perfect. So I think I might wait with my PPP until the end of the year and then look at the latest versions after reading about any issues concerning the version history. I will then select that good version and flash that, then do initial update and then stop. This might be the best scenario overall in my humble opinion.

-I would love to see the equivalent of a Lubuntu  LXQT LTS type image for Pine phones of all sorts. This could be a direct competitor to Arch Linux and because of the LTS concept of Debian/Ubuntu may be quite reliable.

Messages In This Thread
PPP may be a long wait for viability. - by Chief - 06-11-2022, 06:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Wait times for Pinephone Pro delivery in 2022? danimations 2 1,957 05-06-2022, 07:22 AM
Last Post: danimations
  No boot at all after long time on wall charger tckosvic 4 2,986 02-13-2022, 07:37 PM
Last Post: icantremember