Announcing the Mobian project
Have you tried this sim card in another phone ?

The sim card I am using came in an iphone, then I moved to an Android phone, now in my Brave Heart phone.

My sim card does have a data problem, but it works great for calls in and out, and for sms/text in and out.

Mine is AT&T, very similar to T-mobile.... I have not heard of anyone 'activating' a sim card in a Pine phone.

But, some forum members have had success with 'Pre-activated' sim cards.
(08-12-2020, 07:11 AM)FOSSagent0 Wrote: @a-wai Has the issue with Cellular been fixed yet?
I don't have any issue with cellular with my French provider, probably something to do with T-mobile.
(08-13-2020, 08:35 AM)a-wai Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 07:11 AM)FOSSagent0 Wrote: @a-wai Has the issue with Cellular been fixed yet?
I don't have any issue with cellular with my French provider, probably something to do with T-mobile.
Would I have any luck with using a recent nightly image? I have tried out modem manager with the commands mmcli -m 0 and still was getting nothing out of it. I did notice that the location is not always 0 or 1. When I did try a modem reset it ended up going up a number.  Airplane mode has had a habit of being enabled on when turning off and on the device.
When I turn off wifi,  it does 'sometimes' activate Airplane mode.  but I simply turn the Airplane mode back off.

I do turn off wifi more often since watching some Rob Braxman videos.

I do not use wifi or Bluetooth while I am 'out and about'  that does extend battery life noticeably.

I have noticed that on a 'few' random start ups, the Bluetooth has been turned on..?
but with such a new system, that is a minor fault, I just turn it off... Then it seems to stay off.

---

I am using August 10 nightly at the moment,  with updates added.

Brave Heart phone, running from SD card.

Oh,  I am using 3 different brands of sd cards, I do not see any difference in their performance.
I DO follow the wiki suggested specs for my cards.
 But a $6 (USD) sd card runs my phone as well as a $40 (USD) sd card.
  ( From a 8gb to a 64gb sd card)
August 19
Trying August 19 nightly release now on sd card, Brave Heart edition phone, talk and text working both directions.
Camera does function,  a little laggy but it usable.
Wake from suspend works ok, only takes about 2 seconds to show phone signal on the sign-in page.

Thanks Dev's
Using August 20 release, Brave Heart on sd card, ATT PrePaid sim card.

This is working very well, though it has froze the OS once while using the sms/text app.
a reboot and everything seems back to normal.

Most functional OS I have used so far.

Thank you Team Mobian !

It would be 'handy' to have some desktop icons to turn the wifi  and the Bluetooth on and off

rather than needing to go into 'settings' everytime to change them.

Not a real necessity,  but  'nice'  shortcut.
August 21 nightly release :
Text app does not open after suspend
System freezes using 'restart' button
(08-21-2020, 06:23 AM)bcnaz Wrote: August 21 nightly release :

After entering suspend while running on the battery, I would enter password
>but unable to unlock.
I had to do a hard shut-down, then the system seems to function ok.
I have done one successful round of software 'updates' since flashing the August 21 nightly.
Using sd card on Brave Heart phone.
(08-21-2020, 03:32 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 06:23 AM)bcnaz Wrote: August 21 nightly release :

After entering suspend while running on the battery, I would enter password
>but unable to unlock.
I had to do a hard shut-down, then the system seems to function ok.

I had that one too (Aug 21), couldn't login w. the default pin. And had to do a hard reboot , and no probs. after that.
It seemed like it "accepted" the pwd , but immediately sent me back to loginscreen again.
If i tried a bad pwd , it "barfed" at me.

/Bingo
August 22 release:
Getting better !
Above problems appear fixed
but now I cannot exit "image viewer"  used power icon to 'restart'
Other functions appear proper

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 17 2,102 Yesterday, 05:47 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Mobian repository status henrythemouse 16 8,804 04-10-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: diederik
  cant verify mobian image at website gnugpg penguins_rule 0 138 03-18-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: penguins_rule
  mobian installed to eMMC - how to install tow-boot grump_fiddle_reinstall 6 2,017 11-22-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: aLoop100o
  What actions needed to keep on mobian testing user641 3 1,838 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Mobian boot failed with zstd message after upgrade. Mahgue 0 640 09-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Mahgue
  how to update mobian over tor vusra 13 6,938 07-09-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: vusra
  opensnitch outbound firewall now works on mobian vusra 2 1,910 07-09-2023, 01:37 AM
  Using Nativefier on PP64 with Mobian paulcarton 0 638 07-05-2023, 03:57 AM
Last Post: paulcarton
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 3,037 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM