Crypto-Currency app and service request thread
There was a deleted thread today where I posted some crypto-currency services I have seen requested, let's contribute wish list items, I will try to edit every request into this top post.

The old(unfortunately deleted) Mobian app status/catalog pages on showed usable Bitcoin-Electrum and Monero official clients from flatpak( https://flathub.org/setup/Debian ).  It would be useful for you all to post your use cases and what is working for you on any and all platforms mobile and desktop so the community can also suggest solutions. If you are looking to interact with online services for research or where your crypto is held in an account for you by some company(custodial wallet) it is usually easy enough to make a webapp for that sort of thing.

Between here, Reddit, and other forums I recall people wanting more non-custodial wallets and zero-trust p2p exchange services ie: litecoin-electrum, electrum-doge, WoWnero wowlet client, btc-xmr UnstoppableSwap, Havano-Reto XMR market, BTC Bisq market, Etherium, among other FOSS apps preferably with tweaked UIs for mobile though the Mobile Settings - Compositor can probably fix the scale to be useful.

It is useful to know is  how we imagine we and other future users will want to actually use crypto on their PP; are we talking about buying coffee and pizza directly, through the gift card bridge, or bridging through bitpay, using a crypto wallet as a savings account, managing a mining farm, buying a used laptop on moneromarket.io, trading and investing on Kracken or robinhood, or... other? (I am not sure how I feel about the mentioned commercial services vs zero-trust FOSS solutions they are just possible usage examples)

I am running Mobian but all PP distros including libhybris such as Ubuntu-Touch are included.
For monero, you should just be able to install the official GUI client from the package manager? Not sure if the UI behaves properly on a phone screen, I don't have a PP with me to test at the moment. Performance would also be an issue, I definitely wouldn't run a full node directly on the PP.
(Yesterday, 05:32 AM)Pavlos1 Wrote: For monero, you should just be able to install the official GUI client from the package manager? Not sure if the UI behaves properly on a phone screen, I don't have a PP with me to test at the moment. Performance would also be an issue, I definitely wouldn't run a full node directly on the PP.

I just took the time to test the monero app on Mobian, both PP and PPP, it works as well on both as on desktop including using tor.  Installs via flatpak, requires using Mobile Settings - Compositor otherwise you can't access enough of the UI to get started.  I also tested Electrum for BTC again everything works; again from flatpak; needs compositor to use the UI. 

try searching for your favorite cryptocurrency or it's ticker I might have missed some https://flathub.org/apps/search?q=cryptocurrency

Cryptocurrency apps available on fatpak/flathub with a quick description from each flatpak page promoting it by usefulness category:
Tested, works after enabling compositor to scale the UI:
XMR - Monero GUI - (Full feature official XMR wallet desktop app) Monero is a private, secure, untraceable, decentralised digital currency. You are your bank, you control your funds, and nobody can trace your transfers unless you allow them to do so. https://www.getmonero.org/ (tested)
BTC - Electrum - Lightweight Bitcoin client https://electrum.org/ (tested)

Questionable usefulness, aarch64 build, not tested:
Métier - (IDK )Métier is the reference GUI client for the Open-Transactions library, supporting native on-blockchain transactions and off-chain accounts. https://www.opentransactions.org/
BitcoinHD Core - (last github release 2020, website 404s)BitcoinHD is an experimental digital currency that enables instant payments to anyone, anywhere in the world. (still worth $0.09 USD, mines via Proof of Capacity wasting HDD/SSD space?) https://github.com/btchd/btchd
Blackcoin More - Blackcoin is the original decentralised and eco-friendly currency with near-instant transaction speeds and negligible transaction fees built upon Proof of Stake 3.0 since 2014! ($0.04USD) https://blackcoin.org/

On flathub, but no aarch64 so no pinephone build: (too bad as some are interesting)
XXX OWNR Crypto wallet & Visa Card - TC, BCH, ETH, LTC, DASH, DOGE, Tron (TRX), USDT (ERC-20/TRC-20) and other ERC-20 tokens and interact with the Visa card via this app
XXX Firo - Fully validating Firo peer-to-peer network node, wallet and graphical interface
XXX Bisq - BTC based exchange app, directly trade currencies including cash and bank transfers you can even do cash meetup or postal buys and sells
XXX Wasabi Wallet - Open-source, non-custodial, privacy-focused Bitcoin wallet for Desktop, that implements trustless CoinJoin.
XXX VergeCurrency - A secure and user-friendly digital currency.  A digital currency designed for everyday use.
XXX OneKey - NOTE: This wrapper is not verified by, affiliated with, or supported by OneKey, Inc. OneKey is the easiest solution for keeping and trading crypto assets and NFTs, and tracking account dynamics.
XXX Exodus - All-in-one app to secure, manage, and exchange blockchain assets
XXX Goldcoin - Since its inception, Goldcoin has been dedicated to utility and on-chain scaling. https://github.com/goldcoin
XXX Blockstream Green - A simple and secure Bitcoin and Liquid Network wallet

Some of these seem sketchy or no build for ARM, do some research before you input your crypto spend hash or seeds and someone takes your expensive pretend internet money.
There is also the dirty method of running an android app on waydroid, in a difficult situation it is better than nothing, and probably more secure than real android but still not terribly viable unless connected to power and running on an rockchip CPU PinePhone pro.

Can someone explain Métier to me, since it does smart contracts but doesn't seem to be a ETH related wallet but something else.
Cryptocurrencies are a money laundering tool for criminals of all kind (weapons dealers, drug dealers, ransomware scammers, child abusers, etc.) and one of the worst energy consumers next to generative AI (hence indirectly causing global warming). Think twice whether you really want to support that ecosystem.
(4 hours ago)Kevin Kofler Wrote: Cryptocurrencies are a money laundering tool for criminals of all kind (weapons dealers, drug dealers, ransomware scammers, child abusers, etc.) and one of the worst energy consumers next to generative AI (hence indirectly causing global warming). Think twice whether you really want to support that ecosystem.

Proof of work cryptocurrencies already exist like conventional banking, and boycotting it by a few will not affect the ultra-billionaire speculators.  It still falls far behind the banking system in all forms of evil except perhaps the wasted energy.  There are users of Pinephone who want to interact with and use cryptocurrency to buy stuff which is what cryptocurrency is supposed to be for same as national currency; and yes the energy waste is staggering.  Though it seems it provided the processing tools for the (wannabe)AI bubble which is still providing some useful tools to us.
FWIW I am not against people buying/owning/using whatever they want as long as it is not abusing others.
I always wonder what secret purpose the devs behind the various proof of work protocols could have conspired to do with that much raw processing power; there was a sci-fi short story about how one POW update began to interact with trans-dimensional intelligence causing problems.  It is hard to fathom the stupidity of over-valuation of BTC and similar by speculators chasing tulip bulbs.  I suppose I am a bit jaded, I once mined 30btc over a month with a borrowed GPU when the python mining scripts first came out, lost the keys a few years later when it was maybe US$40 loss. For the most part crypto is still too hard to buy, too tightly regulated, and too hard to spend; playing with it for speculation is for greedy chumps.
I am interested in the history of money and finance I feel like people who want to be entertained should read/listen to Cryptonomicon by Neil Stephenson.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US cellular service (as I understand it as of post date) freebsd 17 11,475 07-23-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot
  US Cell Phone Service Providers with prices and phone numbers - UPDATED jovval 0 977 07-01-2023, 01:25 AM
Last Post: jovval
  PinePhone Game Thread PixelPaintbrush 28 50,084 05-11-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: FOSSagent0
  Pinephone on Cricket Wireless (USA) no service acm006 44 46,627 02-20-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  Two phones , different service Nutmeg 3 3,231 06-30-2021, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Nutmeg
Lightbulb [12.11.20 Update] Latest PinePhone CE Manjaro - Device Arrival & Initial Tests Thread kern707 11 13,690 12-25-2020, 10:23 PM
Last Post: crevdunekin