Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,541
» Latest member: CaptSpify
» Forum threads: 15,855
» Forum posts: 115,355

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Searching for a PinePhone...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: RubiksCube
11 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 25
PinePhone Beta Edition wi...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: spazz
Yesterday, 05:55 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 8,304
Unable to use umlaut key ...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: ili
10-01-2024, 01:36 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 83
Shipping Update and Stock...
Forum: News
Last Post: tllim
10-01-2024, 11:05 AM
» Replies: 89
» Views: 105,510
Ethical sourcing practice...
Forum: General
Last Post: cinnabarwinner
09-30-2024, 07:19 PM
» Views: 418
FIXED-Newer ver of EC25 M...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: DarciFoxe
09-30-2024, 02:08 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 292
Star64: GPU firmware load...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Marco2024
09-30-2024, 02:49 AM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6,644
Troubleshooting Pinedio L...
Forum: PinePhone Accessories
Last Post: lavabrilliant
09-29-2024, 09:17 PM
» Views: 515
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
09-29-2024, 06:54 PM
» Views: 113
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-29-2024, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 214

The thing I like
Posted by: S265 - 09-09-2016, 03:49 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (1)

Ubuntu Mate 16.04
3.10.101-4-pine64-longsleep

Things may not be perfect for your use case. Even in Ubuntu we want more. But hey, things are happening. Updates are coming thru. It takes time. Unfortunately 4k resolution and gaming performance are still a way off. In time all things are possible. It may not suit everyone but Pine64 is very cool.

After update - won't power up with HDMI connected
Posted by: UnixOutlaw - 09-09-2016, 12:05 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (6)

OK - now my Pine64+ (2 GB) won't stay "on" when I've got it connected to my lapdock.  Longsleep latest Debian XFCE build...

It was working before I did :

https://www.pine64.pro/getting-started-linux/  :

Code:
sudo -i
/usr/local/sbin/pine64_update_uboot.sh
/usr/local/sbin/pine64_update_kernel.sh
resize_rootfs.sh
reboot

(didn't need to resize - I already did that from GParted on my Linux workstation)

When I power it up, either from the power button, or plugging into mains (i.e. USB otg) - it stays up...

Once it's up - and - staying up - if I plug it into my Lapdock - I get nothing output...

If I try to power it up connected to the Lapdock - either drawing power from the Lapdock or direct from mains (i.e. USB otg) the PWR LED will come on for about 5-10 seconds then it shuts off again.

If I can get it "rescued" from this state (e.g. SSH over ethernet [I don't know what IP address it's getting over work's WiFi]) I'm going to rename the host to pezzo-di-merda...

performance of the pine64+ 2GB on android LCD ver
Posted by: Ghelorn - 09-08-2016, 06:22 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (8)

Hey guys. Finally assembled my playbox and downloaded the LCD android distro to play with.

This was 2 days ago. Had lots of dramas trying to get it to work with known working SD cards that work no worries on Debian or Ubuntu. Finally got it to work. Not sure why but it just started working.

So today I decide that I might try a 3dmark bench test...

It took 45 mins for it to boot up. It was alternating between freezing on optimizing apps, boot looping or booting to blank screen with lines.

Now its running its forgotten any system settings. Great... I finally reconnected to WiFi and downloaded 3dmark.

Apart from the whole thing being slow I can't see any reasons why I can't get an OK score.

Running the opengles 2.0 test here are my results.
[Image: 8ded1e74e3022bde63df4c4ee9e1b68d.jpg]
[Image: 29881ef8ba32a5f4004ce850e2aa6359.jpg]
[Image: b97e3404cb64cff2de3f1bc04271c689.jpg]

Pretty poor.

This result is from my mobile. The huawei g8. Same test.
[Image: a9582c293c77830bb135fd278ce57cb2.jpg]

Anyhow I'm really not impressed by this board. Even when I tried kodi on the normal version, it struggled to play even a 1gig movie file along the network.

Debian LCD
Posted by: tpitman - 09-08-2016, 02:57 PM - Forum: LCD and Touch Panel - Replies (6)

I didn't know whether to post this in the Linux forum or this one, so I just picked this one.

I have the Pine64 with LCD. I would like to use it with the Debian Linux Distro. Is that possible? If so does someone have instructions?

Rooted Android and LCD
Posted by: JoeHz - 09-08-2016, 01:22 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (3)

I couldn't get the LCD to work with anything except the PhoenixCard image that was made for this purpose.

Is it rooted? I don't have a power button on my Pine so I'm going to write an app that shuts it down. THat needs to be able to "su".

WIll that work?

Tx in advance

[EU] Z-Wave module tutorials?
Posted by: meowbot - 09-08-2016, 12:19 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (2)

Are there any tutorial on how to move forward after the module are mounted to the board?
How do I install it (Using Debian)? How do I use it? Any starter/step by step guides for this?

thanks!

ABS Playbox came with no extension cable?
Posted by: kenhawkins - 09-07-2016, 02:24 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (4)

I have seen some videos on assembling the Pine64 with the playbox and they all mention at lest one extension cable. My case just arrived with none and so I have 2 questions;

1. Anyone know the 30 pin cable type and/or where to order it from?
2. Is it worth trying to chase it down through pine64?

Now before the flames start let me just say I am in no way attacking these guys for the work they've done with the last question. I'm more wondering about response times and it would probably be easier to order a cable from somewhere else.

All that aside I am still anxious to see if this project works because I've waited (patiently) for all the pieces to come before I set it up.

thanks in advance.

FOR SALE: Playbox enclosure
Posted by: Chisel_86 - 09-07-2016, 10:53 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (3)

I'm selling an extra Playbox enclosure, including the extended ribbon cable. Feel free to ask questions. Thanks.
Playbox Enclosure For Sale

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Battery and the PlayBox
Posted by: JoeHz - 09-07-2016, 05:05 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (6)

I guess I stumbled upon why the enclosure and battery werent in any bundles together.

Anyone tried to put it into the playbox? What did you do? Velcro it to the back or something?

Is there an enclosure for the LCD Touchscreen and the battery (and heck, maybe even the Z-Wave for those who got squeezed for space there too).

Suggestion for future cases from Pine
Posted by: evdboogerd - 09-07-2016, 02:58 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (2)

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been addressed before (since I have not went through the entire forum). 
I recently got the ABS plastic case that I ordered(backed) in January with the pine. To my surprise there is no opening to get out the SD card.  Confused
In my opinion, that has to be a mistake since now you'd have to open the case, unscrew the board, get it out, to remove the SD card. That makes no sense whatsoever :p (esp considering its a development board that will require a lot of switching of the software. 

So, should Pine release another version, please make it so that you can easily remove the SD card. Imo, an essential thing for a development board case.