Testing Crust Deep-sleep
Update: tomorrows OTA will fix modem disconnecting / breaking on crust suspend issues Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

That's good news Smile
(05-27-2020, 01:08 PM)drpi Wrote: That's good news Smile

Yea, just tested it and works a treat. Obviously more testing needed - but the few calls + SMSes I've tried worked well so far.

Seems to work quite well, the phone actually wakes up on a call but doesn't ring, if I unlock the screen immediately I'm just in time to get the missed call sms - but I do get the sms. Also when I wake the phone from deep sleep  it immediately makes calls ok - though as others have said, the wi-fi need resetting.

One slight annoyance is that at the moment it goes to deep sleep really quickly - I've got the screen set to switch off after 1 min, this seems to trigger deep sleep which has killed off the wifi and caused ongoing app installs and ssh sessions to fail. I think on Mobian they have a longer (user settable) deep sleep timeout, which gets round this, but unfortunately, since they don't stop the touch screen, makes it difficult to get the phone to sleep in your pocket.

Speaking of Mobian when I switch back to that distro  after this update it hangs on boot ( I left if for a few minutes), after a long press shutdown, it restarts again. rebooting from UBPorts into UBPorts and from Mobian into UBPorts works fine.
I tried leaving my fully charged pinephone overnight with modem on but wifi off. When I woke up 8 hours after, it wasn't dead but it was, after I waked it up ?
Everyone, OTA update to 33

I was testing deep sleep on OTA 33, and couldn't see any modem disconnection. The problem is that incoming calls wake up the phone as expected, but there no notification about the call in the UI. The modem stays connected though. 
This behavior is consistent, I tried different times and could never see any notification for the incoming call when the phone wakes up from deep sleep.
(05-28-2020, 03:32 AM)dodoeg Wrote: I was testing deep sleep on OTA 33, and couldn't see any modem disconnection. The problem is that incoming calls wake up the phone as expected, but there no notification about the call in the UI. The modem stays connected though. 
This behavior is consistent, I tried different times and could never see any notification for the incoming call when the phone wakes up from deep sleep.

Yes. waking up properly on calls will 'just work' on PCBA 1.2, but it will take some effort (although Marius already has an idea) to make this work on BH phones. Regardless, the most important thing is to have the modem stay alive in suspend - which it currently still isn't; try locking and unlocking the phone 20-30 times, eventually the modem will vanish.

I tried both calls and sms and the phone did wake up for both of them but none were shown in the UI and no evidence of them ever existing.
Also, battery percentage doesn't update immediately coming from sleep. I left it overnight coming from fully charged battery for around 11 hours and the battery only updated to 13% after some minutes of using it.
Without working voicecalls, this will not be very useful.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Testing GPS Luke 54 80,048 03-03-2022, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  Is there any way to tell CRUST to leave the wifi alone? Athansor 5 7,762 09-25-2020, 04:46 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Crust stopping clock? Zweitaktmotor 3 4,635 07-24-2020, 06:26 PM
Last Post: tiago
  Testing and Donating jmasters 2 4,155 06-30-2020, 11:32 PM
Last Post: jmasters