Sxmo - Simple X Mobile Released for the Pinephone (new minimalistic UI & image)
The sxmo ticket page says
Quote:Some major patches for bluetooth audio and MMS have also been submitted, if these are found to be mature enough I think we should include them.

But I can't find any information on the specific patches in question. I'd like to see what the patched MMS functionality looks like.

EDIT: Found the patch notes here
I'll give the default image that you provide a go but I'm having significant issues with charging (as in I can keep a charge somewhat, but it won't increase) when using Postmarket and Sxmo. I used whatever postmarket provided when I used their tool originally.

This UI is exactly what I'm looking for and its minimalism is stunning. I used it for about an hour and could not be happier. I just wish my phone would charge while using it. I switched to Mobian which fixed the issue. If this is an ongoing issue I look forward to it being fixed, but after my phone is charged fully I will play around with the other builds.
I just swapped boards to the 3G/32GB model, and a lot of the issues that I had seem to not be present after flashing the latest version of the iso. will update as I use it more

so far, volume control and selecting audio devices seems to work as expected. will have to test call audio later

is there any way to permanently disable lisgd? I keep pkilling it but it's back again after I wake from suspend. I can just uninstall it, but I'd prefer a softer approach. I don't want to create breakage with missing packages

update: audio selection ceased working again, I believe after I installed pavucontrol. strange.
the menu camera actions (rear/front) don't take pictures either, megapixels was working before will test later
so uninstalling pavucontrol allows the use of the audio menu for device selection and volume control again. this begs the question: what is the underlying audio system?

sudo apk del pavucontrol

megapixels still works but is extremely laggy

update: I can select different devices, but selecting speakers powers them on, but no sound comes through them
Just a note that sxmo is my primary OS for the Pinephone now.  Phone calls have never worked, so I can't call it a daily driver, and the usual hassles with losing data service after CRUST shutoff of the main CPU.  But as a small bedside tablet it is excellent!

Rolling up all the data across all the different bits of OS work, I'm coming to the (sad) conclusion that the Pinephone's chosen CPU is too hot and hungry to make this a viable phone platform.  Maybe there'll be a Pinephone2 with a CPU which can be dialed down to 50Mhz, or maybe with a big.little to let background services (including Wifi) continue in a low power fashion.
(12-02-2020, 10:03 AM)vandys Wrote: Phone calls have never worked, so I can't call it a daily driver, and the usual hassles with losing data service after CRUST shutoff of the main CPU.

Calls don't work even after the first boot, before suspending to CRUST? What is the error that you get?
(11-28-2020, 05:41 PM)hiimtye Wrote: so uninstalling pavucontrol allows the use of the audio menu for device selection and volume control again. this begs the question: what is the underlying audio system?

Underlying audio system is alsa + dmix so that multiple sound sources can be played at once. Hypothetically setting up apulse is probably the most pain-free option if you want to use something that only works with pulseaudio.

--

Regarding calling  / wakeup from CRUST - it's a work in progress. With the first image / initial release I ensured calls/texts incoming/outgoing worked reliably but that was pre-CRUST. CRUST once merged introduced a whole host of new states ( & error states ofcourse  Rolleyes ) in regards to callings/texts which I haven't really had too much time to debug (and alot of the issues are from the lower-level / are modemmanager issues).

PmOS recently vastly improved their compatibility with CRUST / modem wakeup within the last few days - so it should be possible to get texts/calls with modemmanager working out of the box reliably. Just a bit of adjustments on the scripts hopefully I can look at soon.
(12-02-2020, 10:34 PM)mil Wrote: Underlying audio system is alsa + dmix so that multiple sound sources can be played at once. Hypothetically setting up apulse is probably the most pain-free option if you want to use something that only works with pulseaudio.
that explains why installing pavucontrol made everything all jumbled up. I'll have to brush up on my alsa knowledge, pretty much everything has gone pulse these days. I'm sure I've got some old .asoundrc's sitting around somewhere to get back into things

any insight on the issue with the speakers? I'm not sure how pmOS's logging works. it seems to only spit out minimal info when you use logread
so I did a booboo. I started an update when I didn't realize the battery was at 0%. I had to manually reinstate /etc/sudoers as it was blank in order to make system changes using jumpdrive to access the root partition. I had to delete /etc/apk/cache/* in order to update once again, but now when I do a sudo apk cache download -v I receive errors on all the sxmo packages, and a few others that they are untrusted. I tried to copy the key from the beginning of this post, but I receive an error that it isn't valid yet.

where is the key for sxmo packages? I'd like to just wget it and update instead of having to reflash again

for reference:
[ mo@TMobil: /etc/apk/keys ]$ sudo wget "https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-image-builder/blob/master/m%40milesalan.com-5e6e8e01.rsa.pub"
[sudo] password for mo:
Connecting to git.sr.ht (173.195.146.142:443)
ssl_client: git.sr.ht: certificate verification failed: certificate is not yet valid
wget: error getting response: Connection reset by peer

edit: so I just checked the contents of /etc/apk/keys/ on the sxmo image and there's no extra keys there, so I'm not sure why all of the sxmo packages are failing
(12-04-2020, 06:10 PM)hiimtye Wrote: so I did a booboo. I started an update when I didn't realize the battery was at 0%. I had to manually reinstate /etc/sudoers as it was blank in order to make system changes using jumpdrive to access the root partition. I had to delete /etc/apk/cache/* in order to update once again, but now when I do a sudo apk cache download -v I receive errors on all the sxmo packages, and a few others that they are untrusted. I tried to copy the key from the beginning of this post, but I receive an error that it isn't valid yet.

where is the key for sxmo packages? I'd like to just wget it and update instead of having to reflash again

for reference:
[ mo@TMobil: /etc/apk/keys ]$ sudo wget "https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-image-builder/blob/master/m%40milesalan.com-5e6e8e01.rsa.pub"
[sudo] password for mo:
Connecting to git.sr.ht (173.195.146.142:443)
ssl_client: git.sr.ht: certificate verification failed: certificate is not yet valid
wget: error getting response: Connection reset by peer

edit: so I just checked the contents of /etc/apk/keys/ on the sxmo image and there's no extra keys there, so I'm not sure why all of the sxmo packages are failing

Is your system time & date correct on your pinephone? Such certificate issues may arise due to incorrect system time..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PostmarketOS sxmo pinephone keyboard keymaps? afwtioane 2 2,055 09-11-2022, 04:37 AM
Last Post: manubert
  sxmo pim nextcloud Uturn 8 6,069 02-22-2022, 03:23 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Battery life on sxmo xark 1 2,088 02-12-2022, 10:07 AM
  Official Channels for Sxmo Support anjanmomi 2 3,075 02-12-2022, 09:50 AM
  sxmo & php --- 2 1,781 01-31-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: ---
  sxmo improvements unrealb2 7 5,678 11-17-2021, 06:43 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO on Debian IVp 0 2,177 08-21-2021, 02:33 PM
Last Post: IVp
  Megi's multiboot sxmo image aithal 1 2,185 06-14-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: fdlamotte
  SXMO svkbd with joypad layout [for basic dosbox play] streak 0 1,483 05-27-2021, 08:47 AM
Last Post: streak
  Sxmo on Arch IVp 4 6,418 05-19-2021, 03:18 AM
Last Post: dukla2000