Python3 cli app to bridge SMS/MMS to matrix/riot.im
Ohh actually yeah that might be the issue, that sounds exactly like what was happening for me where the original sync would never complete. I'll try that patch and see if it works. Thank you!!

In the matrix sync thread you put every matrix connection under a try block so it would log it if the thread failed. And more importantly it would continue on to the next sync. Which means one of the function calls was not working but also never returned an error. And that might be the problem the patch you sent will hopefully fix.
(02-01-2021, 10:42 AM)pacman99 Wrote: Ohh actually yeah that might be the issue, that sounds exactly like what was happening for me where the original sync would never complete. I'll try that patch and see if it works. Thank you!!

In the matrix sync thread you put every matrix connection under a try block so it would log it if the thread failed. And more importantly it would continue on to the next sync. Which means one of the function calls was not working but also never returned an error. And that might be the problem the patch you sent will hopefully fix.

Yeah, that link should solve your problem. I guess using matrix-python-sdk isn't recommend anymore as its not maintained.

I'm rebuilding everything here https://gitlab.com/untidylamp/mmmpuppet talking directly to ModemManager and MMSD and matrix-nio for matrix. It works but its rough... I'm already rebuilding what I have there from scratch and taking my time. It should be pretty good once its done.
Ohh this looks so great! You mentioned in the first post that you forward your calls to your voip provider -- Does that mean that when people call the phone number of your sim card you can have a SIP device that rings? That would be so useful combined with the SMS bridge and I've been puzzling about how to do that.

I also wonder how hard it'd be to set up something that bridges calls through matrix's own voip setup.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Python3 - GPIO - controlling LED's etc bonce 1 2,119 06-06-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: bonce
  Python3 Bridge SMS/MMS to Matrix using Modem Manager and MMSD FutureBucket 3 3,955 02-10-2021, 08:09 PM
Last Post: kop316
  AV call with Matrix Dmytro 0 1,989 07-30-2020, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Dmytro
  Riot Web support Dmytro 1 2,142 06-20-2020, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Dmytro