Gaming Compatibility
Seems like MAME might be up to my standards then, if both Pang and Edward Randy work. Thanks, Tarjei85!
(06-15-2016, 04:32 PM)Ghost Wrote: Seems like MAME might be up to my standards then, if both Pang and Edward Randy work. Thanks, Tarjei85!

No problem. Happy to help =)
Messed around with the design some more, and landed on a much simpler version of it. The total score is now located to the far left in the layout, making it easier to read the total rating of the game while scrolling fast through the page.
Look at the attached image for details...

(06-16-2016, 02:22 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote: Messed around with the design some more, and landed on a much simpeler version of it. The total score is now located to the far right in the layout, making it easier to read the total rating of the game while scrolling fast through the page.
Look at the attached image for details...

Yes, nice, you've found a good design there.
Now I feel I have completed the design and I have posted the first review using it.
This review is regarding the game Pang for MAME.

Click my signature below to visit the blog and take a look.
Pang for the inaugural MAME review, fantastic!

Just one thing - why is the audio area bigger than the video area? In the prototype design these were both of equal size. Just wondering why that changed. Video one seems to have shrunk slightly in the meantime.

Took me a little while to figure out that I had to scroll the text box to view all the review text, but that's just me being slow. It definitely saves space to do it that way.
(06-16-2016, 07:35 PM)Ghost Wrote: Pang for the inaugural MAME review, fantastic!

Just one thing - why is the audio area bigger than the video area? In the prototype design these were both of equal size. Just wondering why that changed. Video one seems to have shrunk slightly in the meantime.

Took me a little while to figure out that I had to scroll the text box to view all the review text, but that's just me being slow. It definitely saves space to do it that way.

I'm not sure what you mean with the audio being bgger than the video area. I did shrink both audio and video to half the height it was in the first prototype. I attach an image of how it renders on both my computer and tablet. If you get another result, please keep me posted, and I will do some debugging.

(06-16-2016, 11:45 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 07:35 PM)Ghost Wrote: Pang for the inaugural MAME review, fantastic!

I'm not sure what you mean with the audio being bgger than the video area. I did shrink both audio and video to half the height it was in the first prototype. I attach an image of how it renders on both my computer and tablet. If you get another result, please keep me posted, and I will do some debugging.

Ok, it's probably my tablet then, but I still see the audio area at 'full-height'.
(06-17-2016, 12:41 AM)Ghost Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 11:45 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote:

Ok, it's probably my tablet then, but I still see the audio area at 'full-height'.
Wierd. I will do some debugging of the code. Lets hope I find something.
The only error I did manage to provoke was some extreme graphical glitches while testing it on IE 9. Will do some more troubleshooting.
Dig it, it looks good.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android Gaming Image KryPtAlIvIaN 50 75,176 08-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: JessieCopeland
  Welcome to the gaming portion of the forum! KryPtAlIvIaN 4 9,014 05-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85
  Plans for gaming? JessicaAlba 6 11,734 01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Last Post: taros