Gaming Compatibility
Does anyone know how well Mame is running?
PINE A64+ w/ 2GB SDRAM, 8GB MicroSD Card, Basic Media Remote, Acrylic Open Enclosure, Wifi/Bluetooth Module, 5V 2A Power Supply.
Backer number #26,231  + KS Funded Jan 16, 2016 + Backerkit funded March 10, 2016

(06-13-2016, 08:57 AM)birdcatx7 Wrote: Does anyone know how well Mame is running?

Cant say that I have tested it, but I can give it a try tomorrow. Wink
And now I have tested the MAME4Droid app on the Pine.
The findings of my initial testing is now posted on my blog.
Just follow the link in my description =)
Lookin' good! 

As long as MAME lets me play Pang and Cliffhanger Edward Randy, I'm happy Smile
(06-14-2016, 03:29 AM)Ghost Wrote: Lookin' good! 

I will give that one a try later today Wink will keep you posted Wink

I havent released the test results on the blog yet, but Pang works perfectly with the MAME4Droid app. All good... Cliff Hanger I could not get to work *not to familiar with MAME games (and it needed a 14G CHD/file). I was not able to DL that file from any source...
I did test Space Invaders, and the first three ROMs I tried did not work, but at last I found one that did Smile
(06-15-2016, 12:24 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote:

I havent released the test results on the blog yet, but Pang works perfectly with the MAME4Droid app. All good... Cliff Hanger I could not get to work *not to familiar with MAME games (and it needed a 14G CHD/file). I was not able to DL that file from any source...
I did test Space Invaders, and the first three ROMs I tried did not work, but at last I found one that did Smile

It all depends on the romset that is compatible with that particular version of MAME. 

As for Cliffhanger Edward Randy, it is likely you got the wrong image, as the file size should be only one or two megabytes.

Great that Pang is working. Best game ever.

Edit: sorry, the game is known as 'The Cliffhanger - Edward Randy' and is typically listed under 'T' rather than 'C' or 'E'.
(06-15-2016, 01:20 PM)Ghost Wrote:

It all depends on the romset that is compatible with that particular version of MAME. 

As for Cliffhanger Edward Randy, it is likely you got the wrong image, as the file size should be only one or two megabytes.

I figured that. Many games didnt work... but here is the link to the Cliff Hanger game. Take a look at the downloads..
http://www.emuparadise.mobi/M.A.M.E._-_M...nger/11911
(06-15-2016, 01:24 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote:

I figured that. Many games didnt work... but here is the link to the Cliff Hanger game. Take a look at the downloads..

Heh, I've sent you the correct link via PM. The game you linked, Cliff Hanger, is a different game.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edward Randy is a fun game, like a 2D, side-scrolling Indiana Jones-esque arcade adventure!
(06-15-2016, 01:28 PM)Ghost Wrote:
(06-15-2016, 01:24 PM)Tarjei85 Wrote:

Heh, I've sent you the correct link via PM. The game you linked, Cliff Hanger, is a different game.

Sorry for the confusion.

Edward Randy is a fun game, like a 2D, side-scrolling Indiana Jones-esque arcade adventure!

Thank you. This was better. the supplied link worked much better, and I am glad to say that the game works flawlessly. Thank you for the heads up on the game. Its a blast! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android Gaming Image KryPtAlIvIaN 50 75,179 08-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: JessieCopeland
  Welcome to the gaming portion of the forum! KryPtAlIvIaN 4 9,014 05-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85
  Plans for gaming? JessicaAlba 6 11,735 01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Last Post: taros