Gaming Compatibility
Looks good.
(06-08-2016, 08:00 AM)montero65 Wrote: Looks good!  You could also apply the larger controller icon to the other options and see what you think.  I like this new design, but hopefully others will give you some feedback, too.

Personally I prefer the second design as it is, as it has more subtlety somehow, but agree with the slightly larger controller icon.
fixed the design some more. what do you guys think?

(just small changes, but still it does get another "feeling" to it)

[Image: demo_something.png]
[Image: demo_something_2.png]
I liked the brighter colors from before, but I think between these latest 2, I like it better with the hoop shape you have on the controller in the first one. It kind of ties the heading to the rating a bit better. Wonder if you could do the hoop shape on the colors as well, just do solid. I guess that's kind of like your original #3 design though, but without the small circle inner. Actually, if you went back to the #2 and #3 designs, kept the inner circles on the white backgrounds, but made them the same size as this larger controller icon, I bet those would look good.

Keep up the great efforts!
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
(06-10-2016, 12:05 PM)montero65 Wrote: I liked the brighter colors from before, but I think between these latest 2, I like it better with the hoop shape you have on the controller in the first one.  It kind of ties the heading to the rating a bit better.  Wonder if you could do the hoop shape on the colors as well, just do solid.  I guess that's kind of like your original #3 design though, but without the small circle inner.  Actually, if you went back to the #2 and #3 designs, kept the inner circles on the white backgrounds, but made them the same size as this larger controller icon, I bet those would look good.

The good thing about the previous brighter colours is that it gave a traffic light effect. Now with the newer colours, that effect is gone.

I gave some thought to this design, and to it maybe being one pie chart divided into thirds rather than three separate circles, but not sure exactly how that would work.

The aim is to portray video quality, audio quality, and overall quality. Ideas float around my mind how best to portray these classifications, but there is nothing concrete and definite for me to suggest at this stage. But I am thinking about it quite a bit.
(06-10-2016, 01:55 PM)Ghost Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 12:05 PM)montero65 Wrote: I liked the brighter colors from before, but I think between these latest 2, I like it better with the hoop shape you have on the controller in the first one.  It kind of ties the heading to the rating a bit better.  Wonder if you could do the hoop shape on the colors as well, just do solid.  I guess that's kind of like your original #3 design though, but without the small circle inner.  Actually, if you went back to the #2 and #3 designs, kept the inner circles on the white backgrounds, but made them the same size as this larger controller icon, I bet those would look good.

The good thing about the previous brighter colours is that it gave a traffic light effect. Now with the newer colours, that effect is gone.

I gave some thought to this design, and to it maybe being one pie chart divided into thirds rather than three separate circles, but not sure exactly how that would work.

The aim is to portray video quality, audio quality, and overall quality. Ideas float around my mind how best to portray these classifications, but there is nothing concrete and definite for me to suggest at this stage. But I am thinking about it quite a bit.

Its a bit difficult to do the pie-chart. Its mostly coded in html and css. The only images are the "os"-logo, game- photo and gamecontroller
I can convert it to the bright colors. No problem Wink

Will look into pie-chart possibilities...

All feedback is welcome Smile
I have been playing around with the sugested pie-chart sollution, but I dont get a satisfying result to it.
Other than that I have reinserted the bright colors from before, as well as changing the layout a little bit more.
Take a look at the attachments Wink

I also added HD version of the gamecontroller image (SixAxis-logo)
Yeah, I like that bottom image (though not sure in what world orange (ok) + red (bad) = green (good) Wink)! And the addition of the genre part is helpful at a glance.

Don't worry about the pie chart thing. In my head it seemed like it could work but in reality I couldn't figure out an effective way to use it either.
I agree Ghost, that would be a funny conclusion to reach! Audio doesn't work, video quality is mediocre, this game is good! Actually, that has me wondering what the total circle refers to. Tarjei, is the total circle based on a combination of the audio and video, or is it about how the game works with the controller and the system as a whole? Could you have a case where audio and video are green, but the total score is yellow or red because it just doesn't work well?

I also like the 2nd image, the controller image is clear, and I like the genre addition. Looking very good. Only question I have is why the icon for a different controller in the "TOTAL" circle? I assume wanted to have an icon there related to video games, I just wonder if some people will mis-read it and think it means they could use an old Super Nintendo controller as well. Not a big deal, I don't know what icon I would suggest instead, and it might be totally fine, just something I wanted to bring up to think about.

Regarding the controller icon under the "Controller" heading, so far you've only shown the Playstation controller. Do you have a plan to use other controller options or icons as well, and if so, what might they be? I only have PS and original Wii consoles, but curious anyway.
Kickstarter backer #5,864  --  SBC Noob  --  SE Michigan, USA
The controller icon i use (in the controller section) is the logo for SixAxis app. This means the game is possible to map the keys using this app. I have other icons available for official gamecontroller-support and no gamecontroller-support.
Regarding the colors this is only a demo, so the rating system is not correct. The game would get a total score of RED if the audio and video is as it is.
The icon in the "total"-circle is just temporary. Looking for a better one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android Gaming Image KryPtAlIvIaN 50 75,184 08-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: JessieCopeland
  Welcome to the gaming portion of the forum! KryPtAlIvIaN 4 9,016 05-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Tarjei85
  Plans for gaming? JessicaAlba 6 11,735 01-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Last Post: taros