PinePhone only turns on sometimes
Since a long time my PinePhone only turned on by trying twice (i.e. pressing the Power On button, taking out the battery, putting it back in, pressing the Power On button again).  At the first turning on, the LED was shortly on and shortly thereafter the phone rumbled.  This was annoying, but not annoying enough to try to fix it.

But then I didn't use it for the last two weeks (as I didn't need a phone during that time) and now even trying it twice doesn't work reliable (I did get it on twice still, so I'm pretty confident that it's still possible, but I don't know how and I sadly turned it off yesterday).  The failing starts still looks like back when trying twice worked (i.e. LED+rumble).

I'm pretty confident that it's not a battery issue because the same thing happens with only the battery in, with only a (good) charging cable and with battery and charging cable at the same time.

Googling didn't help this time (the first of the two times I got it to work was after trying to push the Reset Button as I read on the internet, but this seems to just have been an accident – or at least it doesn't work now), so any help is appreciated, thanks!
(03-25-2024, 06:44 AM)zvavybir Wrote: Since a long time my PinePhone only turned on by trying twice (i.e. pressing the Power On button, taking out the battery, putting it back in, pressing the Power On button again).  At the first turning on, the LED was shortly on and shortly thereafter the phone rumbled.  This was annoying, but not annoying enough to try to fix it.

But then I didn't use it for the last two weeks (as I didn't need a phone during that time) and now even trying it twice doesn't work reliable (I did get it on twice still, so I'm pretty confident that it's still possible, but I don't know how and I sadly turned it off yesterday).  The failing starts still looks like back when trying twice worked (i.e. LED+rumble).

I'm pretty confident that it's not a battery issue because the same thing happens with only the battery in, with only a (good) charging cable and with battery and charging cable at the same time.

Googling didn't help this time (the first of the two times I got it to work was after trying to push the Reset Button as I read on the internet, but this seems to just have been an accident – or at least it doesn't work now), so any help is appreciated, thanks!

I solved it.  It was the same problem as I had some time ago:  I somewhat damaged the SD card pins which means it couldn't read it.  Putting the SD card in correctly solved it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Pinephone Pro + Keyboard for sale Jimmy88 2 733 04-22-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: AegisWages
  PinePhone Pro Explorer's edition Qualcomm modem recovery shifras 7 1,121 03-24-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
Question Screen turning off and booting problems with the Pinephone Pro xnZwJR6vys9a2wm7yWE4 0 219 01-16-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: xnZwJR6vys9a2wm7yWE4
  Pinephone Pro LCD and Touchscreen Hobgoblin 8 3,781 01-14-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: shifras
  Recurrent problems with broken charger chip on the pinephone/pinephone pro keyboard Jite 4 1,163 11-18-2023, 07:25 AM
Last Post: crocspot
  PinePhonePro turns on when connecting usb charging cable xt0 5 1,036 10-10-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
  is it possible to install a pinephone pro mainboard in a pinephone hannescam 7 2,638 08-13-2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone pro packet injection for internal wifi chipset covar 1 803 08-13-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: fxc
  PinePhone Keyboard won't work. read_kb_reg(PPKB_SYS_CONFIG) needs what? jovval 0 515 07-09-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: jovval
Photo My PinePhone Pro does not read the micro SD card at all. tux_life 7 2,632 03-26-2023, 02:55 AM
Last Post: tux_life