stuck to sleep mode pinecil v2
hello dear pinecil comunity, i just unpacked the beautiful iron and tried out functions. i've put it in sleep mode by pressing minus-button on start screen some seconds (iron-crossed-icon on screen) and now i don't find the way back out. powering off and factory reset did not help. hope it's a stupid/easy question which can be solved by pressing the right buttons .. can anyone help? thx in advance!
(11-01-2023, 03:57 PM)lilibit Wrote: hello dear pinecil comunity, i just unpacked the beautiful iron and tried out functions. i've put it in sleep mode by pressing minus-button on start screen some seconds (iron-crossed-icon on screen) and now i don't find the way back out. powering off and factory reset did not help. hope it's a stupid/easy question which can be solved by pressing the right buttons .. can anyone help? thx in advance!

Just press "+" key for a second and Pinecil will heat up again.
(11-04-2023, 07:29 PM)tllim Wrote:
(11-01-2023, 03:57 PM)lilibit Wrote: hello dear pinecil comunity, i just unpacked the beautiful iron and tried out functions. i've put it in sleep mode by pressing minus-button on start screen some seconds (iron-crossed-icon on screen) and now i don't find the way back out. powering off and factory reset did not help. hope it's a stupid/easy question which can be solved by pressing the right buttons .. can anyone help? thx in advance!

Just press "+" key for a second and Pinecil will heat up again.

Thx for your reply, tllim. Found out that the problem was a different one: the heat-module of the tip broke after firste heat-up. Iron-crossed-icon told me that it could not be recognised anymore.
(12-11-2023, 12:52 AM)kabbert Wrote:

Here are some options:

1. Simple wake up:

Unplug and replug the Pinecil: This is the simplest and often the most effective solution. Unplugging and replugging the iron will usually reset the sleep mode and bring it back to life.
    Hold down both buttons: Try pressing and holding both the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously for a few seconds. This should force the Pinecil to wake up from any sleep state.

2. Check firmware:

Update the firmware: If the above methods don't work, it's possible that your Pinecil is running outdated firmware with a sleep mode bug. Head over to the Pinecil GitHub page and download the latest firmware update. Follow the instructions carefully to update your iron's firmware.

3. Advanced methods:

Reset the EEPROM: This will erase all your settings and customizations, but it can also be a solution if the sleep mode issue is related to a corrupted configuration. Instructions for resetting the EEPROM can be found on the Pinecil wiki.
    Contact PINE64 support: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to contact PINE64 support for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting tips or be able to offer a replacement if your iron is faulty.

(12-11-2023, 04:18 PM)lilibit Wrote:
(12-11-2023, 12:52 AM)kabbert Wrote:

Here are some options:

1. Simple wake up:

Unplug and replug the Pinecil: This is the simplest and often the most effective solution. Unplugging and replugging the iron will usually reset the sleep mode and bring it back to life.
    Hold down both buttons: Try pressing and holding both the "+" and "-" buttons simultaneously for a few seconds. This should force the Pinecil to wake up from any sleep state.

2. Check firmware:

Update the firmware: If the above methods don't work, it's possible that your Pinecil is running outdated firmware with a sleep mode bug. Head over to the Pinecil GitHub page and download the latest firmware update. Follow the instructions carefully to update your iron's firmware.

3. Advanced methods:

Reset the EEPROM: This will erase all your settings and customizations, but it can also be a solution if the sleep mode issue is related to a corrupted configuration. Instructions for resetting the EEPROM can be found on the Pinecil wiki.
    Contact PINE64 support: If none of the above solutions work, you may need to contact PINE64 support for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting tips or be able to offer a replacement if your iron is faulty.
Thx for the options-list, @kabbert ! Found out that the problem was a different one: the heat-module of the tip broke after firste heat-up. Iron-crossed-icon told me that it could not be recognised anymore. Got a new one, solder happy Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinecil power Erincka 0 1,858 03-21-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Erincka
  Pinecil Erincka 1 3,083 11-26-2020, 06:38 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Stuck after getting connected to Internet Zettai 3 4,726 01-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: xalius
  Pine64 to TV mode not supported nizam27391 10 13,763 07-22-2016, 06:07 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Screen stuck in Portrait mode. domant 3 5,330 06-29-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: jjmgryphon