Pinetab2 screen issue. screen does not power on at all
So my pinetab2 doesn't seem to have a working screen in some capacity. I've gone through the https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PineTab2#In...structions I used disks to make a sd card that had the factory default danctnix on it and when I plugged it into uart and press power a little under 2 seconds I get using minicom 

DDR Version 1.13 2022018
In

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what this means. Initial googling of the above text doesn't seem to help. I'm not sure if I need to add a boot flag to any partitions. I may try something other than dancnix on the sd card and see if that gives the same or different results. I'm also using xubuntu and raspbian to run the minicom.

(09-18-2023, 04:58 PM)bluemage Wrote: So my pinetab2 doesn't seem to have a working screen in some capacity. I've gone through the https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PineTab2#In...structions I used disks to make a sd card that had the factory default danctnix on it and when I plugged it into uart and press power a little under 2 seconds I get using minicom 

DDR Version 1.13 2022018
In

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what this means. Initial googling of the above text doesn't seem to help. I'm not sure if I need to add a boot flag to any partitions. I may try something other than dancnix on the sd card and see if that gives the same or different results. I'm also using xubuntu and raspbian to run the minicom.

I just tried flashing ubports image and it gives slightly different text...  

DDR Vl.16 6f7ic738ce typ  23/03/02-20:01:48 
LP4/4x derate en, other dram:1x trefi

still no power for the screen.

after waiting a while mincom also outputed

unknown device 
error
ERR
(09-18-2023, 04:58 PM)bluemage Wrote: So my pinetab2 doesn't seem to have a working screen in some capacity. I've gone through the https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PineTab2#In...structions I used disks to make a sd card that had the factory default danctnix on it and when I plugged it into uart and press power a little under 2 seconds I get using minicom 

DDR Version 1.13 2022018
In

DDR Version 1.13 2022018
In

I just tried flashing ubports image and it gives slightly different text...  

DDR Vl.16 6f7ic738ce typ  23/03/02-20:01:48 
LP4/4x derate en, other dram:1x trefi

still no power for the screen.

after waiting a while mincom also outputed

unknown device 
error
ERR

From error description, possible caused by LCD flex cable. Please reseat the LCD flex cable and hopefully issue resolved.
Are you able to connect it to an external display, perhaps via the hdmi?

I think I have the same issue, and it does seem to be a loose connector.
(09-21-2023, 11:41 AM)Purple_Illusion Wrote: Are you able to connect it to an external display, perhaps via the hdmi?

So i was able to open it up and reseat the cable. Only problem is The back panel ribbon got loose and i wasn't sure how to reconnect it properly so when I put the tablet into the keyboard dock it seems to kill the screen. 

If possible I wouldn't mind a photo from someone to show how to properly put the keyboard ribbon on. But for now I'm fairly happy that it boots now after doing the reseat.
(09-21-2023, 11:41 AM)Purple_Illusion Wrote: Are you able to connect it to an external display, perhaps via the hdmi?

before it wouldn't connect to hdmi I haven't really tried since reseating more than just getting a fuzzy screen instead of no signal. probably needs a shorter hdmi cable.
so I opened up the pinetab2 again and got the keyboard working!!!

Still wouldn't be a bad idea for someone to put a picture up showing how its supposed to be attached.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Someone is interested for a PineTab2 8GB in Mexico? genobraker 0 191 03-06-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: genobraker
  Bricked my PineTab2 using Jumpdrive? jkboyd 2 337 02-24-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: jkboyd
  Castle Game Engine on PineTab2 now officially available michalis 1 821 12-14-2023, 12:22 AM
Last Post: tllim
Wink Screen protector for PineTab 2 vatin 0 525 11-18-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: vatin
  PinePhone or PineBook USB-C hubs on Pinetab2? Evergreen 1 691 11-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: WEF
  What's the MAX RAM you can install to PineTab2? Ptab2newb 2 955 09-12-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Ptab2newb
  Booting from SD card on Pinetab2 samochimaaron 10 2,961 08-23-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: diederik
  PineTab 2 Dead Screen Kramey 16 4,790 08-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Kramey
  Pinetab2 without Wifi a comfort extra? Schlucker 8 3,134 07-14-2023, 03:09 AM
Last Post: gregb49
  PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers clemfandango 5 1,998 07-12-2023, 05:32 AM
Last Post: mtomaschett