Ubuntu touch rotation
Hi

Rotation on Ubuntu Touch doesn't seem to work properly on the PineTab2 (only runs in portrait when logged in).

Doesn't seem to be any settings to rotate the screen to landscape manually and my attempts to change it in configs didn't take effect. Don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, or I'm editing the wrong config files. Read it should be possible to change rotation with xrandr, but that isn't installed. Not sure what Touch uses for handling this.

Have anyone here solved this? I'd be happy to run it in landscape mode permanently. Don't need auto-rotation.
(09-13-2023, 02:23 PM)GloriousCoffee Wrote: Hi

Rotation on Ubuntu Touch doesn't seem to work properly on the PineTab2 (only runs in portrait when logged in).

Doesn't seem to be any settings to rotate the screen to landscape manually and my attempts to change it in configs didn't take effect. Don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, or I'm editing the wrong config files. Read it should be possible to change rotation with xrandr, but that isn't installed. Not sure what Touch uses for handling this.

Have anyone here solved this? I'd be happy to run it in landscape mode permanently. Don't need auto-rotation.

The maintainer has a workaround in the wiki: https://gitlab.com/ook37/pinephone-pro-d...Help-Guide

It worked for me but doesn't rotate the touchscreen. Still looking for a workaround for that.
(09-13-2023, 04:28 PM)kandrew Wrote:
(09-13-2023, 02:23 PM)GloriousCoffee Wrote: Hi

The maintainer has a workaround in the wiki: https://gitlab.com/ook37/pinephone-pro-d...Help-Guide

It worked for me but doesn't rotate the touchscreen. Still looking for a workaround for that.

Thank you
I've tried this as well before creating this post. This only seems to change the login screen orientation and its already set to InvertedLandscape in the default config :/
looks like they solved it in 0.10 release
https://gitlab.com/ook37/pinephone-pro-debos/-/releases

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Automatic screen rotation frtodd 14 4,719 04-10-2024, 06:37 AM
Last Post: frtodd
  PineTab 2 login screen rotation fix chzbacon 11 4,159 03-17-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: mtomaschett
  Touch doesnt rotate on Sway in PineTab2 cgbarros 4 1,982 08-03-2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: cgbarros
  UBPorts Ubuntu Touch Takaszi 6 7,441 02-24-2021, 01:39 AM
Last Post: TechDragon