PPP as a PDA.
An update: I'm at 56% battery level remaining after 19 hours of usage. I suspect I might hit 24 hours at around 20% where I would plug in to charge. Charging back to 100% should take about an hour and a half. The only dip switches activated are wifi/bluetooth and headset. Switches 2 and 6.After this test I will always keep device plugged in to charge.
I decided to quit test at 45% and 21 hours usage time. To see 24 hours is definitely there.
I was on the internet and also doing some BT transfer of files etc. 

I hope this info helps folks that are considering options for the PPP.
I'm guessin that the PP Convergence could not only see these times but actually go even further?
(10-03-2023, 03:11 PM)DaForest Wrote: I decided to quit test at 45% and 21 hours usage time. To see 24 hours is definitely there.

I'm guessin that the PP Convergence could not only see these times but actually go even further?

May I ask what do you mean by usage time?
This is really impressive if you did not suspend at all.
But if you did use suspend and used the phone here and there the kill switches did not make that much difference.

Battery life with PP is better and if I try my best (only use PP if needed) it can survive like 48 hours.
And even with "regular workday smartphone usage" PP will easily survive 16-24 hours.
And if I don't use it at all it might go to 64 hours or so.

With both PP and PPP suspend is the thing which makes difference
(10-03-2023, 04:39 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 03:11 PM)DaForest Wrote: I decided to quit test at 45% and 21 hours usage time. To see 24 hours is definitely there.

May I ask what do you mean by usage time?
This is really impressive if you did not suspend at all.
But if you did use suspend and used the phone here and there the kill switches did not make that much difference.

Battery life with PP is better and if I try my best (only use PP if needed) it can survive like 48 hours.
And even with "regular workday smartphone usage" PP will easily survive 16-24 hours.
And if I don't use it at all it might go to 64 hours or so.

With both PP and PPP suspend is the thing which makes difference
I did this without suspend and the PPP left on all day. I shut it off overnight already racking up 15 hours the previous day and today it was on nearly all day before I charged at 45%. Please note that the modem is shut off and only dip switched 2 and 6 are on. This usage test includes keyboard and mouse and a couple of times on HDMI with spreadsheet work. Using Arch Phosh all things 'PDA speaking' work therefore it can run much like a small laptop. My main goal was battery life and even more important heat reduction. I would love to see a modem switch on the outside of the phone so I can flip the switch as required and when needed.
Now I am trying PPP with modem turned on but Network shut off in settings. Again I am looking at about 20 hours run time . I use dip switches 1,2,3,6 in the on position but I leave switches 4 and 5 off (cameras). Since I don't use the PPP as a phone but like a PDA this works extremely well as my prime importance is to access the net through sim as required. This method also seems to work well and in even more useful. The phone sound issues are still very present however if I use a Blackberry ear bud set plugged in no problems with calls and sound except for the occasional "dummy output" when sound crashes.
(10-30-2023, 08:31 PM)DaForest Wrote: Now I am trying PPP with modem turned on but Network shut off in settings. Again I am looking at about 20 hours run time . I use dip switches 1,2,3,6 in the on position but I leave switches 4 and 5 off (cameras). Since I don't use the PPP as a phone but like a PDA this works extremely well as my prime importance is to access the net through sim as required. This method also seems to work well and in even more useful. The phone sound issues are still very present however if I use a Blackberry ear bud set plugged in no problems with calls and sound except for the occasional "dummy output" when sound crashes.

Thanks for the tip DaForest Smile

Will give dip switches 4 and 5 off (cameras) a go as well to reduce power consumption and heat. Like u I don't use 'em so I like the idea of them not chewing out power and generating heat ! Will compare results !