Waydroid No Network Hell
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Waydroid many times

I cant get Internet inside waydroid

I use an arm64 version of Mullvad outside the container

i have tried running it over my connection without Mullvad and still get no Internet

I have tried to follow online guides to get the connection to show but nothing works

There are at least 1 or 2 Android Apps I would like to use

does anyone know what to do?

using mobian, pp pro, wifi enabled bluetooth off and cellular modem disabled
(07-02-2023, 02:43 PM)pinemegood Wrote: I have uninstalled and reinstalled Waydroid many times

I cant get Internet inside waydroid

I use an arm64 version of Mullvad outside the container

i have tried running it over my connection without Mullvad and still get no Internet

I have tried to follow online guides to get the connection to show but nothing works

There are at least 1 or 2 Android Apps I would like to use

does anyone know what to do?

using mobian, pp pro, wifi enabled bluetooth off and cellular modem disabled

What is Mulvad?

and Waydroid is perfectly compatible with Mobian on the CE's and Pro, for Mobian / Pro, please follow the Ubuntu / Debian compilation instructions, found here:
https://docs.waydro.id/usage/install-on-desktops

internet with waydroid is basically an emulated ethernet connection, any application that doesn't accept this network role will not work with Waydroid as of right now.

Also, the cellular modem *must* be on currently, to the best of my knowledge. This is almost definitely your issue.
Mullvad is a commercial VPN provider.

A VPN can complicate things, but the OP wrote they also tried it without the VPN, so that is likely not the issue here.
(07-14-2023, 09:08 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: Mullvad is a commercial VPN provider.

A VPN can complicate things, but the OP wrote they also tried it without the VPN, so that is likely not the issue here.

At risk of sounding cocky, I've written apps for running / installing waydroid on the pro, i'm really familiar with it, and I'm almost certain I had issues with the cellular being off, a vpn running probably isn't helping.

See My Waydroid Manager on github to see what i worked on (it's out of date currently, and only supports manjaro still)

EDIT: I actually pushed an update to it today, and Mobian should work well
Probably not going work, but on a Sailfish OS port a solution is to close Waydroid and then reopen it, make sure internet is on and working outside of the container prior to the close and reopen. Worth a shot?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Waydroid Manager call for testers / assistance MadameMalady 0 675 07-15-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: MadameMalady
  Monjaro Plasma Cell Network and Data not working properly maiyuzhe 2 1,596 09-24-2022, 12:15 AM
Last Post: maiyuzhe
  Waydroid on PinePhone Pro PPP (Stock Manjaro Plasma) mhedhli 7 6,428 09-18-2022, 06:54 PM
Last Post: nroth
Rainbow Waydroid on Pinephone Pro (solution for users) MadameMalady 9 7,555 09-18-2022, 06:53 PM
  Getting Waydroid to work on the Pinephone Pro Dragonborn 8 7,333 09-18-2022, 06:50 PM
  GAPPS (Waydroid) on the Pinephone Pro jarbear82 3 4,466 04-27-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: TheBlindEarthican