Sound : notifications
Hi all,

To keep 4G active to receive notification from nheko and dino software, i use the following script.

https://gitea.privatedns.org/Xavi92/pinephone-scripts

Now, i receive notifications but i have no sound when receive.

I don't think it's due too this script.

How can i resolved this sound problem ?

Thanks a lot
(06-06-2023, 06:34 AM)freelectro Wrote: Hi all,

To keep 4G active to receive notification from nheko and dino software, i use the following script.

Thanks a lot

When you are on lock screen notifications arrive as missed.

How notification are handled is configured here:
/usr/local/share/feedbackd/themes/
There are several config files and maybe you find correct one inside pine64,pinephone.json or default.json
Somewhere inside those files are examples for notifications who does make a sound - like message-new-sms
For example you can replace config of "message-new-sms" to "message-missed-instant" or "message-missed-email" and then you will get notification sound.

These two are the ones you want to find
"message-missed-instant"
"message-missed-email"
And they are most likely under "silent" or "quiet" profile.
(06-06-2023, 06:58 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 06:34 AM)freelectro Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks a lot

When you are on lock screen notifications arrive as missed.

How notification are handled is configured here:
/usr/local/share/feedbackd/themes/
There are several config files and maybe you find correct one inside pine64,pinephone.json or default.json
Somewhere inside those files are examples for notifications who does make a sound - like message-new-sms
For example you can replace config of "message-new-sms" to "message-missed-instant" or "message-missed-email" and then you will get notification sound.

These two are the ones you want to find
"message-missed-instant"
"message-missed-email"
And they are most likely under "silent" or "quiet" profile.

Thank you, and fore other software (nheko and dino software), how it's possible to get this properties ?

When you said : "When you are on lock screen notifications arrive as missed. "

When the screen is off, what is the current state ?

I have done this and it have disable vibration of virtual keyboard.

gsettings set org.sigxcpu.feedbackd.application:/org/sigxcpu/feedbackd/application/sm-puri-squeekboard/ profile silent

But what can be the name of nheko and dino ? And what signals are available to manage ?
(06-06-2023, 07:33 AM)freelectro Wrote: Thank you, and fore other software (nheko and dino software), how it's possible to get this properties ?

gsettings set org.sigxcpu.feedbackd.application:/org/sigxcpu/feedbackd/application/sm-puri-squeekboard/ profile silent

But what can be the name of nheko and dino ? And what signals are available to manage ?

Nheko and Dino are both "instant" messages - so feedbackd will see them as "message-missed-instant" or "message-new-instant"

When screen is off there it is most likely also locked. Some recent Phosh version (maybe 0.26?) did give opportunity to tweaks these but if you have not touched those settings then the lockscreen is def. on.

There is also fork of sleepwalk where this no-sound on notification issue is handled directly with that service:
https://github.com/L0v3P01s0n/sleepwalk

Don't know which one is better Smile
(06-06-2023, 11:17 AM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 07:33 AM)freelectro Wrote: Thank you, and fore other software (nheko and dino software), how it's possible to get this properties ?

Nheko and Dino are both "instant" messages - so feedbackd will see them as "message-missed-instant" or "message-new-instant"

When screen is off there it is most likely also locked. Some recent Phosh version (maybe 0.26?) did give opportunity to tweaks these but if you have not touched those settings then the lockscreen is def. on.

There is also fork of sleepwalk where this no-sound on notification issue is handled directly with that service:
https://github.com/L0v3P01s0n/sleepwalk

Don't know which one is better Smile

Maybe add a signal as this can be a solution, not sure -> "message-missed-instant" or "message-new-instant"

I have Phosh 0.24.1 version and be appear no tweaks about what you said. When the version will be upgrade ?

In feedback menu, it's possible to add a software ? as nheko or dino ?
The project what i said is a fork of https://github.com/milky-sway/pinephone-scripts.
(06-06-2023, 02:05 PM)freelectro Wrote: Maybe add a signal as this can be a solution, not sure -> "message-missed-instant" or "message-new-instant"

I have Phosh 0.24.1 version and be appear no tweaks about what you said. When the version will be upgrade ?

The project what i said is a fork of https://github.com/milky-sway/pinephone-scripts.

All internet chat apps notifications should come as "message-missed-instant" or "message-new-instant" if the app is configured correctly.

With Phosh 0.24 screen off = screenlock on - no exceptions.

I am quite there are no easy ways to add exact software for feedbackd
All sleepwalk scripts are fork from that same project Smile
(06-06-2023, 02:18 PM)alaraajavamma Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 02:05 PM)freelectro Wrote: Maybe add a signal as this can be a solution, not sure -> "message-missed-instant" or "message-new-instant"

All internet chat apps notifications should come as "message-missed-instant" or "message-new-instant" if the app is configured correctly.

With Phosh 0.24 screen off = screenlock on - no exceptions.

I am quite there are no easy ways to add exact software for feedbackd
All sleepwalk scripts are fork from that same project Smile

Phosh will be upgrade with new version of OS ? bullseye to bookworm ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does tow-boot allow periodic wake from suspension to check for notifications? DrPlamsa 4 2,686 12-31-2022, 10:56 AM
Last Post: DrPlamsa
Exclamation No sound anonymous 22 9,052 11-08-2022, 09:07 AM
Last Post: dante404
  My sound went away with calls... Not sure what happened. How can i fix it? usourypg3i 4 2,741 02-18-2022, 08:54 AM
Last Post: battlegarden
  Lost all sound Dinosaur1946 0 1,074 01-27-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  Sound design for Mobian S.E.B 4 3,347 12-27-2021, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Anna
  Customized Notifications - Non-native Apps arno_nuehm 2 2,285 10-05-2021, 09:42 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
  No notifications on lock screen DrPlamsa 16 8,314 08-21-2021, 05:35 AM
Last Post: bcnaz
  A clear all button for notifications is coming! ragreenburg 0 1,320 08-13-2021, 09:09 AM
Last Post: ragreenburg
  Software/Notifications battlegarden 4 4,131 05-01-2021, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MtnSk8
  Phone Shell and Dismissing Notifications on Mobian publiclewdness 0 1,423 04-10-2021, 01:41 PM
Last Post: publiclewdness