Troubleshooting and Understanding MMS
A couple of clarifications while I'm reading that Mobian document and trying things out:
  • I was a little off-base in what I said before: It's not Chatty itself that handles the APN details, I think Chatty just provides a pretty interface to edit $HOME/.mms/modemmanager/mms.  So that makes sense.
  • Apparently I actually have mmsd-tng running already via /usr/bin/mmsdtng (launched from Chatty? not sure)
  • I can't get any mobile data at all on the "vzwapp" APN, only "vzwinternet".  Maybe I just need the MMS APN config to match that, and for some reason my phone wants to be on vzwinternet instead of vzwapp (?)  These APNs are still a bit of a mystery to me.

I may have trashed my Manjaro install from some unrelated fiddling with packages and filling up the filesystem, so at the moment Chatty segfaults a few seconds after starting up.  I might just flash this whole card again and start with a clean slate and go from there.

Messages In This Thread
Troubleshooting and Understanding MMS - by epiii2 - 05-31-2022, 07:44 PM
RE: Troubleshooting and Understanding MMS - by epiii2 - 06-02-2022, 02:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin troubleshooting Chatty / modem? no SMS outbound vap0rtranz 5 3,742 02-14-2022, 12:15 PM
Last Post: vap0rtranz