5 inch touch lcd from eBay
I was considering buying a 5 inch lcd from eBay to make a small portable pc from my Pine and this one also has a touch control panel , which uses an XPT2046 controller ,connected through a header on the back compatible with Raspberry Pi.
Reading that chip's datasheet it looks like it's some kind of SPI connection that also uses an interrupt when it's touched at all.

I have noticed some other displays on eBay displays having a note in their description to have select a different HDMI mode because it might only show a part of the screen, will this be changeable within the Pine64 as well?

I was wondering how compatible it would be or pointers in the right direction to the info I should be reading.
(01-22-2016, 12:37 PM)Glychee Wrote: I was considering buying a 5 inch lcd from eBay to make a small portable pc from my Pine and this one also has a touch control panel , which uses an XPT2046 controller ,connected through a header on the back compatible with Raspberry Pi.
Reading that chip's datasheet it looks like it's some kind of SPI connection that also uses an interrupt when it's touched at all.

I have noticed some other displays on eBay displays having a note in their description to have select a different HDMI mode because it might only show a part of the screen, will this be changeable within the Pine64 as well?

I was wondering how compatible it would be or pointers in the right direction to the info I should be reading.
Looks like should works if somebody interest to develop the code.  However the offer seems pricey,  we carry 7" active matrix LCD with multi touch capacity panel cheaper than this price.
I'll probably try ordering that along mine then! Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  touch screen not working mike280z 1 3,587 12-22-2016, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Bluphire
  Touch Screen monitor/module riahim 4 6,480 07-06-2016, 08:07 AM
Last Post: riahim
  How to install Touch Screen? firelegend 1 3,749 06-15-2016, 08:51 PM
Last Post: janjwerner
  512 and 7" touch screen? ShreddinPB 4 6,134 06-15-2016, 08:55 AM
Last Post: ShreddinPB