Linux Support
Got my 2 x 2GB Pine 64 and 7" LCD on Tuesday (backer 31,000ish) - I've got Debian XFCE running over HDMI on one of them successfully. 

But - main question - I don't want to run Android to get touch-screen LCD support - I want to run "native" Linux.  

And from what I can see - the only way to use the Pine supplied LCD touchpanel is to run the Android image built for the touchscreen?  And I'm guessing it defaults to portrait (another thread somewhere else suggests the next build will include a DD image and rotate screen 180 degrees - thread was from last week, and it said "next week" - but haven't seen a new image for Android 5.1 touchscreen on the downloads via the wiki page)...
---------------------------------------------
Here : http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...5#pid10025
(05-26-2016, 11:45 PM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: Got my 2 x 2GB Pine 64 and 7" LCD on Tuesday (backer 31,000ish) - I've got Debian XFCE running over HDMI on one of them successfully. 

But - main question - I don't want to run Android to get touch-screen LCD support - I want to run "native" Linux.  

And from what I can see - the only way to use the Pine supplied LCD touchpanel is to run the Android image built for the touchscreen?  And I'm guessing it defaults to portrait (another thread somewhere else suggests the next build will include a DD image and rotate screen 180 degrees - thread was from last week, and it said "next week" - but haven't seen a new image for Android 5.1 touchscreen on the downloads via the wiki page)...
---------------------------------------------
Here : http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?t...5#pid10025

+1 Yet another failure of the Pine team IMO.... How do we not have working images for the add-ons, no root image for the LCD... no DD for the LCD... I forget what the point of this was... maybe I should just toss this in the drawer like I planned
+1 Pine team, it would be super duper cool if you could add lcd/touchscreen support to all of your current builds. If this cant be done, than this is a huge failure on your part.
(05-26-2016, 11:45 PM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: And I'm guessing it defaults to portrait (another thread somewhere else suggests the next build will include a DD image and rotate screen 180 degrees - thread was from last week, and it said "next week" - but haven't seen a new image for Android 5.1 touchscreen on the downloads via the wiki page)...

I'm not sure if it's because of a new build, but I just set mine up with Android and it displays in landscape for me. I'm still hoping for other OS's like Remix to support LCD.
(06-14-2016, 11:34 AM)melissagirl Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 11:45 PM)UnixOutlaw Wrote: And I'm guessing it defaults to portrait (another thread somewhere else suggests the next build will include a DD image and rotate screen 180 degrees - thread was from last week, and it said "next week" - but haven't seen a new image for Android 5.1 touchscreen on the downloads via the wiki page)...

I'm not sure if it's because of a new build, but I just set mine up with Android and it displays in landscape for me. I'm still hoping for other OS's like Remix to support LCD.
We are currently exploring with Remix to support LCD build.

He clearly stated Linux, and while yes Android is based on Linux... its just that BASED... the builds are completely different... note TLLIM COMPLETELY glosses over the actual topic and responds simply to a reply that has NO MEANING regarding the initial posters query!
(06-14-2016, 04:20 PM)nagmier Wrote:

He clearly stated Linux, and while yes Android is based on Linux... its just that BASED... the builds are completely different... note TLLIM COMPLETELY glosses over the actual topic and responds simply to a reply that has NO MEANING regarding the initial posters query!

Sorry on glosses over the actual topic.
(06-14-2016, 11:34 AM)melissagirl Wrote: I'm not sure if it's because of a new build, but I just set mine up with Android and it displays in landscape for me. I'm still hoping for other OS's like Remix to support LCD.

Ah, I was assuming Remix OS was based on native Linux instead of Android. Yes, I would like to see it based on native Linux because I want to run stuff in the background as well as have a UI running in the foreground and it would be easier to do that on linux.
(06-15-2016, 11:06 AM)melissagirl Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 11:34 AM)melissagirl Wrote: I'm not sure if it's because of a new build, but I just set mine up with Android and it displays in landscape for me. I'm still hoping for other OS's like Remix to support LCD.

Ah, I was assuming Remix OS was based on native Linux instead of Android. Yes, I would like to see it based on native Linux because I want to run stuff in the background as well as have a UI running in the foreground and it would be easier to do that on linux.

Remix OS is based on Android build. However Android build on top of Linux OS. Lets discuss Remix topic on Remix related thread.
TLLIM, can you please answer or give some input on have the LCD work with Linux in general such as arch Linux or Debian? Would be nice to see you answer this threads main topic instead of another android build.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information LCD Support on Linux pfeerick 8 19,005 02-08-2021, 03:30 PM
Last Post: HBeserra
  [EXPERIMENTAL] Linux on the LCD screen Terra854 24 34,702 07-21-2017, 07:41 AM
Last Post: apple4ever
  Touch screen support shariq_2001 14 19,526 12-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Luke
Photo Playbox LCD on Linux MackPI 10 15,900 10-19-2016, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Zoidiano0
  Received a bad LCD, can't get support. bryanlyon 3 4,850 09-27-2016, 03:55 AM
Last Post: Luke
  Touchscreen support? NoahJ 12 15,384 07-09-2016, 12:01 PM
Last Post: yodermk
  LVDS support Flood_of_SYNs 2 6,394 12-22-2015, 05:08 PM
Last Post: balornt