How to remove metal shield
I am trying to recover from a broken SPI flash that I did yesterday. I found recovery instructions here [1] and here [2], however, I can't figure out how to remove the metal shield on the Printed Circuit Board.

Below is a photo of my board. The black tape doesn't come off easily and I'm not sure if it will still stick after I pull it off.

Could someone point out how the metal shield is released? as400 mentioned that there are "micro clamps" on the board but I can't find them.

[1]: Wiki page on SPI - https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebook_Pro_SPI
[2]: Forum post by as400 about SPI - https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9059

[Image: eMxBw9k.jpg]
It was really simple, I just used a little "brute force" and it opened.
(08-18-2020, 01:35 PM)Wizzard Wrote: It was really simple, I just used a little "brute force" and it opened.

Thanks for the advice, Wizzard.

Where do you grip the metal shield? Do you pull up or pull horizontally along the board? Most of the sides of the shield are flush with the board, so there's little to grip.
I think I just used the screwdriver at the bottom of your picture. It is really not hard, I dont think you can damage something.
(08-18-2020, 03:15 PM)Wizzard Wrote: I think I just used the screwdriver at the bottom of your picture. It is really not hard, I dont think you can damage something.

Thanks. I ended up getting it off. It was really stuck tight.

This photo shows the plastic pry tool I used and where I placed it in on the board. After getting it off, I confirmed that snaps still worked when reattaching the metal shield. All good Smile

Hopefully, the next person facing this problem will find this forum post.

[Image: V6fC4wR.jpeg]

[Image: nKkIMQa.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Booting Windows on bare-metal rk3399 SBC (no linux involved) strongtz 9 10,279 05-26-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: strongtz
Photo Remove activity manager bar on right side of screen - plasma kde motezart 3 4,457 10-20-2020, 10:36 AM
Last Post: motezart
  Bare metal programming mschulz 2 3,489 05-02-2020, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Samurai_Crow
  chromium keyring password change or remove Moon1 10 11,887 02-02-2020, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Moon1