Android Rooted?
(04-26-2016, 09:32 AM)gschanuel Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 09:58 AM)Tarjei85 Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 09:43 AM)gschanuel Wrote: I got a "partial" root on 0303.

Root only works via ADB, superuser or other apps can not find it yet..

Will try a few things tonight (+8h from now)

If you find a good way to get root om 0303 you must tell us! =)
according to this thread: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=609
there is a way to root android, only problem is I dont have any machine running linux, so I'm not able to run the commands to get it working.

After a few hours i was able to "brick" the current installation.
I messed to much on system files that now it boots on recovery.
Will try a bit more on the next days but I hope 0422 comes first!
The 0422 build currently checking on the root condition and also add in SU app. I keep push this build everyday and hopefully get it tonight.
I just want to thank you for pushing this forward.
With this service policy we will get a stable and well functioning community in a coupple of months Smile
Really looking forward for the 0422 build.

The Pine is a interesting project that just keeps getting better and better.
Personally I'm not in a position to contribute that much with bugfixes and other technical stuff. Its honestly way over my expertice since this is my first sbc.
So do I.

By the way, can we easily update our android version to the latest without doing a fresh install on the sd card?
Meanwhile we are waiting for rooted build, I tried to get root on 0303 buid:
- KingRoot and Framaroot - no success
- su command via terminal emulator and via serial console - no success
- set suid bit for /system/bin/busybox-smp - no success
- replace original /system/xbin/su with different arm64 and arm su binaries (from SuperSU 2.65 and other sources) - no success
No more ideas at the moment, welcome to suggest or comment.

Perhaps it can be easy task, like correct permissions for su binary or just set something like setenforce 0 in one of init_*.rc files. But I'm not an Android developer or SElinux expert and this is beyond of my knowledge.
(04-28-2016, 06:13 AM)AA666 Wrote: Meanwhile we are waiting for rooted build, I tried to get root on 0303 buid:
- replace original /system/xbin/su with different arm64 and arm su binaries (from SuperSU 2.65 and other sources) -  no success

Perhaps it can be easy task, like correct permissions for su binary or just set something like setenforce 0 in one of init_*.rc files. But I'm not an Android developer or SElinux expert and this is beyond of my knowledge.

Well, here is what I tried on the 0303 build that almost seemed like it would work. open a shell in the terminal emulator, then run "adb shell" and you get a root adb prompt. If you could configure SuperSU to do this, perhaps it could do an install... you need more than just the su command. It's a surprisingly complex problem. See https://su.chainfire.eu/ for some details, and that doesn't even explain everything you (or I) want to know. Anyway, once you have got a root shell you can copy su to someplace in the user's path (IIRC I put it in /system/xbin) run "setenforce 0" and then SuperSU can find the su command...

Anyway, SuperSU was not actually able to install, but it was willing to try at that point. So maybe that will help you move forward. I didn't try digging in and finding the install script for SuperSU, in a zip file. I did have to mount -w -o remount /system before I was able to copy su. That worked OK.
(04-28-2016, 11:12 AM)hyperlogos Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 06:13 AM)AA666 Wrote: Meanwhile we are waiting for rooted build, I tried to get root on 0303 buid:
- replace original /system/xbin/su with different arm64 and arm su binaries (from SuperSU 2.65 and other sources) -  no success

Well, here is what I tried on the 0303 build that almost seemed like it would work. open a shell in the terminal emulator, then run "adb shell" and you get a root adb prompt. If you could configure SuperSU to do this, perhaps it could do an install... you need more than just the su command. It's a surprisingly complex problem. See https://su.chainfire.eu/ for some details, and that doesn't even explain everything you (or I) want to know. Anyway, once you have got a root shell you can copy su to someplace in the user's path (IIRC I put it in /system/xbin) run "setenforce 0" and then SuperSU can find the su command...

Anyway, SuperSU was not actually able to install, but it was willing to try at that point. So maybe that will help you move forward. I didn't try digging in and finding the install script for SuperSU, in a zip file. I did have to mount -w -o remount /system before I was able to copy su. That worked OK.
Good news, the new build, from our Android team with Allwinner assistance, that will be released on tomorrow (if tested good today) is a root version. The SuperSU already installed and please check out.
This is just awesome!
Thanks for the information Smile
My forum topics:
• Create a WiFi hotspot on Debian 8
• Turn your Pine64 into a music server with mpd
• Adjust brightness of LCD on Armbian Desktop with 1 click
• My cases for Pine64 (acryl, lego & wood)

• Pine 64 - DACH - Facebook page for german-speaking Pine64-fans.
(04-28-2016, 12:36 PM)tllim Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 11:12 AM)hyperlogos Wrote:

Good news, the new build, from our Android team with Allwinner assistance, that will be released on tomorrow (if tested good today) is a root version. The SuperSU already installed and please check out.

Will this new version of android have CEC support?
(04-28-2016, 12:36 PM)tllim Wrote: Good news, the new build, from our Android team with Allwinner assistance, that will be released on tomorrow (if tested good today) is a root version. The SuperSU already installed and please check out.

Oh yes, I most certainly will. Ever since I saw you mention the new build I have been refreshing the downloads page :Smile I will download it ASAP! Thank you for using SuperSU, it is good.
(04-28-2016, 12:36 PM)tllim Wrote: Good news, the new build, from our Android team with Allwinner assistance, that will be released on tomorrow (if tested good today) is a root version. The SuperSU already installed and please check out.
Really good news, thanks for update! It will be great to see it today, even without deep testing process. Perhaps we can test it by ourselves, its not a issue to burn one more SD card. Please keep us updated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained) ayufan 228 389,699 12-29-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: firmwarefile
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,806 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Adding an accelerometer to Android modsbyus 11 16,882 11-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Android Things OS dqvsra 2 7,006 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hangglider
  Is there another link for Android images? Maalth 3 7,082 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Android SDK Oreo NGC6691 2 5,633 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Putting Android 9 RockPro64 source into easier to manage repositories dazza5000 0 3,356 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained) ayufan 194 259,463 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neosapien
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,558 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 59 105,506 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mmmarcus