Unable to change resolution and poor performance
(12-19-2017, 07:54 PM)dkryder Wrote: if you are running armbian you will get  the best support from the armbian forum. you probably should have done a lot of reading about graphics on the pine64 lts because you would have learned that using the pine64 for video and/or graphics has problems. you say you are building a tablet so what screen are you wanting to set up?

Well the thing is, that I don't care that much, whether it's armbian, openSUSE, Xenial, Arch or anything else(Arch preferred though, but I read support is discontinued), it should just be a Linux distribution rather than Android. My used display is from WaveShare with 10.1" at 1024x600 driven via HDMI
link: https://www.waveshare.com/10.1inch-HDMI-...h-case.htm

At best the following 3 things should be possible:
GNOME 3 running on hardware acceleration (so far it only worked poorly and slow in software mode), while I know that this is a rather demanding DE, it should actually work on GPU, as it even supports openGL ES, I think the point here causing all the the trouble is the xorg fbturbo driver.

Getting the right resolution of 1024x600, I really don't get why this won't work. There even is the option for letting the pine output on HDMI at 1024x600 and I wont get proper results (like I said: distortion of the letters in tty and them being placed out of the screen's borders or even no output signal at all), in my opinion this shouldn't be overly difficult or am I missing something?

Proper decoding of h.264, I don't think this should be too difficult, for now I just wanna be able to playback local video files and eventually use moonlight (NVIDIA GameStream implementation using h.264 streaming), youtube playback would be cool, but for now is rather uninteresting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to change resolution and poor performance - by MaWalla - 12-26-2017, 05:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change Ethernet LED behaviour pine_A64_user 0 1,390 09-15-2021, 04:41 AM
Last Post: pine_A64_user
  Files change randomly after coping to USB disks sosojni 2 4,408 07-28-2020, 01:53 PM
Last Post: kuleszdl
  Unable to access other UART devices alistair23 6 7,128 10-09-2018, 10:54 PM
Last Post: alistair23