Volunteer firefighter needs help forwarding alam message
Hi,

I'm a volunteer firefighter. We use dual alarm so the mobile phone is just a backup. I now use my pinephone as a daily driver and usually do no longer carry an android phone with the alarm software around.

So i was thinking about forwarding the alarm notification to my pinephone (and ideally other Linux devices because the PP still isn't really reliable). I do have a solution where the Android device sits at home and the notification of the alarm app is forwarded via email (i use Macrodroid to do this). But it takes time for the email to arrive so this solution is far from perfect (i still have to figure out how to forward the full notification text, too). The ideal (?) solution probably would to use something like gotify but i have no idea how to feed that software the info from the alarm app notification.

So, please, can anyone think of a solution to forward notfifications from an Android phone to Linux devices in real time (or at least as fast as possible), ideally using my Linux server so i don't let anyone peek into the confidential messages? I would prefer not using SMS and the alarm app will not work under Waydroid as it needs google play store to obtain the information needed to register with the server.

Messages In This Thread
Volunteer firefighter needs help forwarding alam message - by Veraendert - 08-11-2022, 06:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phosh message notifications issue itstoughtofocus 2 2,744 08-15-2022, 06:39 AM
Last Post: nemsys
  Phone Shell Nextcloud message notifications: turn them off? lsitongia 0 1,240 09-28-2021, 11:04 AM
Last Post: lsitongia
  Onboard answering/message app bcnaz 1 1,911 08-23-2021, 10:32 AM
Last Post: wibble
  X11 Forwarding skydel0 2 2,812 02-16-2021, 10:44 AM
Last Post: skydel0