Suggestions for the Pinephone pro
Now, I'm speaking as a no user, but wanted to help out anyway with some thoughts! Smile

1. Bigger battery option, I do not know if there was an options for the specific battery used for that specific phone, but if so, someone might be able to 3D print a cover and we could get that option. I have not looked into it, but I recall they used a battery from some kind of phone and there might have been providers for bigger battery options for that phone model, and thereby we just need a 3D print cover for it to the Pinephone pro. The bigger battery would make more lifetime, and you can nearly never get to much of that! 6400 mAh battery seem to be a great size, weight and Amp juice for my LG V20!!! Always nice with a transparent cover by the way! Wink 

2. To see The External battery is great but, it does only seem to work with the standard slim batteries, if maybe a better design could be fixed that would support bigger batteries, that would be awesome! Smile I just got a usb charger for external charging although it does not fully charge the batteries, but around 90%, but it works pretty well overall it seems. It does seem to be able to charge the 2 different kind of batteries for the 2 different phones I have tested it with, although I do not know how much it charges the other kind of batteries as that phone screen is dead. German expensive trash that breaks by just minor drops.

3. Recording calls!!! This would be a HUGE seller point, Google did Evil and took this away in Android 9 beside doing other Evil things to kill recording apps. I've heard this was a standard feature in Android, although that must be before my time - after they took that away, programmers quickly filled the emptiness but sadly Google knock that down as well. So filthy, disgusting criminal company.

4. IF the screen breaks in the Pinephone, it would be a wonder if you could just connect to a screen and keyboard and get access to your data!!! Like I'm sitting with my German Trash of the Shift 6mq, now payed for 120 Euro or so for the 3 screen. And it would have been nice if one could just have connected to a Screen and keyboard and access the system itself. I think you might already have some kind of option for that, but at least if that was possible, what a seller point as well and satisfaction for the user overall Wink

I think that is all I can help with as of now. I'm in the opinion that the 5 year old LG V20 is still the best phone on the marked, yet I would only give it 1 star out of 10 on a 10 grade scale. Don't root it, just use it as it is. The New Shift 6mq that I got would be graded with half a star, and the rest of the phones which does not have the 3 essentials of Jack-phone, Memory card and Changeable battery is primary 0 stars, there might be one exception, a handworker mobile running Android 8 and having the ability to measure air pollution, but I never tried it and it is old as well.

And the last word, GO PINEPHOOOOONE!!!! I hope you get some wind in the sails - if you just work your way to the mountain top, then it will fly with great speed down the hill Smile Many are interested in releasing them self from the tyrants, a community based phone with people behind it and not greedy tyrants, pushing ads and putting there dog noses up in our butt holes to steal our data, would be awesome.

I don't know if I have time and such for sniffing issues, and buying one of those Pinephone Pro - but... I'm pretty hard in my grading stars, but if you can get the essential foundational things worked out, this stands to shine! Go freedom for the people and take care that Evil people don't take things over from the inside, sadly we do see this some places in the open source environment. Like we are so concerned about your privacy, says Firefox, first thing sending you to google search engine by default Tongue Look at the fruit produced not their empty words... FSF are correct, we always want the users to have the freedom and choices, not give it out to Tyrants who decide what they think is best for us!

- Darkijah

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions for the Pinephone pro - by JesusGod-Pope666.Info - 12-09-2021, 08:35 AM
RE: Suggestions for the Pinephone pro - by ryo - 12-09-2021, 08:16 PM
RE: Suggestions for the Pinephone pro - by ryo - 12-09-2021, 11:53 PM
RE: Suggestions for the Pinephone pro - by ryo - 12-20-2021, 07:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 7 636 04-25-2024, 05:56 AM
Last Post: aular
  pinephone virtual keyboard aular 4 368 04-10-2024, 03:45 PM
  PinePhone Doesn't Boot LED Doesn't Show Any Signs When Charging dorkydev 1 248 04-02-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 109,694 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,858 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 626 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 2,412 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 512 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,739 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 7,007 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma