Pipewire Struggle
(07-09-2023, 02:32 PM)nroth Wrote: UPDATE: I found a solution that lets me use pipewire for the camera and pulseaudio for sound, and documented it in a blog post: https://nicholasroth.net/2023/07/09/the-...phone-pro/

Hello and thanks for your tutorial. 

I have successfully improved telephone calls on my arch ppp setup. However, I have run into problems streaming video from the browser. Although this may be a different problem, the one area I had trouble following from your tutorial was to disabling the Alsa and bluez monitor. When I try to echo “alsa_monitor.enabled = false” and “bluez_midi_monitor.enabled = false”, I get the no such file or directory. Did you create the “70-disable-alsa.lua” file first?

As I say this may not be related to my problem but I wanted to try to follow your tutorial exactly to see if it made a difference. 

Thanks for your help with the audio as it has made the ppp usable as a daily driver for me now that phone calls are mostly sorted now.

(07-25-2023, 02:06 PM)Jite Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 02:32 PM)nroth Wrote: UPDATE: I found a solution that lets me use pipewire for the camera and pulseaudio for sound, and documented it in a blog post: https://nicholasroth.net/2023/07/09/the-...phone-pro/

Hello and thanks for your tutorial. 

I have successfully improved telephone calls on my arch ppp setup. However, I have run into problems streaming video from the browser. Although this may be a different problem, the one area I had trouble following from your tutorial was to disabling the Alsa and bluez monitor. When I try to echo “alsa_monitor.enabled = false” and “bluez_midi_monitor.enabled = false”, I get the no such file or directory. Did you create the “70-disable-alsa.lua” file first?

As I say this may not be related to my problem but I wanted to try to follow your tutorial exactly to see if it made a difference. 

Thanks for your help with the audio as it has made the ppp usable as a daily driver for me now that phone calls are mostly sorted now.

As a follow-up to this I realised there was a / missing in the command when copying the main.lua.d directory and when I added this all the commands worked without a problem. Even better, it has now enabled me to watch videos from the web browser and have pipe wire enabled for snapshot camera support without having to remove wireplumber for pipewire media session like I was having to do before. 

So in summary this has sorted out the issue that I previously described.

Messages In This Thread
Pipewire Struggle - by nroth - 07-08-2023, 03:17 PM
RE: Pipewire Struggle - by nroth - 07-09-2023, 02:32 PM
RE: Pipewire Struggle - by Jite - 07-25-2023, 02:06 PM
RE: Pipewire Struggle - by nroth - 07-27-2023, 08:12 PM
RE: Pipewire Struggle - by Jite - 05-29-2024, 05:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pipewire Emilio 3 1,738 07-10-2023, 07:25 PM
Last Post: nroth