Availability of the LoRa addon case in pine64 shop
I have interest in the Pinephone only because of the LoRa case:
https://pine64.com/product/pinephone-pin...d-on-case/

This is to my knowledge the first and only phone product that can run mainline linux and have lora kind of build in thanks to this case.

When would this case be available again to order? Without this case i am also not really interested in the phone itself.
(04-14-2024, 11:23 AM)deuitpym Wrote: I have interest in the Pinephone only because of the LoRa case:

This is to my knowledge the first and only phone product that can run mainline linux and have lora kind of build in thanks to this case.

When would this case be available again to order? Without this case i am also not really interested in the phone itself.

you don't need to directly answer, but what is your use case?

i wonder does usb version work for you?

pinephone's battery life is generally speaking bad, and pinephone only for lora usage doesn't sound a good idea. although regular pinephone is enough for that.
Usecase: Use something below 1Ghz to transfer data to have better range then 2.4Ghz WiFi and have no need for a mobile carrier. At least in my country its not legal to run an own 700/800Mhz LTE network.

USB - i wont even consider registering to this forum if usb would solve this. Then i would use just any random phone supported by postmarketOS. If the LTE modems from all regular people would have to be connected by USB, i think most people would have complains about such unhandy solution. How should i even put a usb-lora-adapter together with a phone into my jeans-pocket like most people carry their phones and then wait for this unhandy thing to vibrate to notify me about anything new?

Battery life - If i would have a phone that would fulfill this usecase for some hours and not a full day, then i would have a phone that would fulfill this usecase for some hours and not a full day. At the moment i have 0 seconds long lasting solution for this usecase.
(04-14-2024, 11:23 AM)deuitpym Wrote: I have interest in the Pinephone only because of the LoRa case:

Shipping ream locates few PinePhone LoRa add-on cases and just back in stock

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinephone Pro battery case deedend 2 877 09-25-2023, 06:05 PM
Last Post: deedend
  Is the NFC case dream still alive? cgbarros 1 822 08-13-2023, 04:43 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Use keyboard case as virtual mouse EwigeBlumenkraft 1 2,039 03-24-2022, 05:22 AM
Last Post: magdesign
  Keyboard case issues dgiffin 10 7,621 03-03-2022, 12:56 AM
Last Post: tcoulon
  Keyboard Case Not Typing in Mobian thismarty 5 3,826 02-06-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: thismarty
  Case compatibility JD1er 3 3,292 01-22-2022, 09:01 AM
Last Post: JD1er