Pine64 Suddenly Turnoff with Lcd
Hi to all,
I've bought an official 7'' LCD with the case to use with one of my Pine64 (the first series, from the kickstarter campaign).

In my first test it worked without problems... But after a reboot it stopped working and now is impossible to boot with the Lcd attached:
Just after I plug in the power, it try to start booting, turn on the lcd all white and immediately the power led blink and it reboot itself, like if it have an error or it haven't enough power.

I've searched here on the forum and I've found many thread talking about power issue, but I'm currently doing many test and I'm not sure that's my case:
I'm using a 2.1A iPad Usb power charger and I've tried many different usb cables (even some with a big section), and even tried using a PC PSU directly on the pins 2+9 and 4+6, but it suddenly turn off almost all the time (It had worked another time randomly).
I've also measured the requested current, and it doesn't pass the 0.7/0.8A.
If I detach the DSI cable, all back to work normally.

Anyone can help me investigate this problem? Any advice?
How many possibilities there are that is a software problem?
In those case, there isn't any log about the boot phase? Any way I can understand if the kernel is not even loaded?
Any other test I can do to understand if it's a power related problem?

Just to give some other information: I'm using the Xenial minimal image by ayufan with the last uBoot/kernel/package etc
Also, I have 3 of this Pine64 and I've tried with all off them (with or without the wifi module)

Thanks to all for the help
Cheers
Mix
(05-04-2020, 04:24 PM)mix359 Wrote: Hi to all,
I've bought an official 7'' LCD with the case to use with one of my Pine64 (the first series, from the kickstarter campaign).

In my first test it worked without problems... But after a reboot it stopped working and now is impossible to boot with the Lcd attached:
Just after I plug in the power, it try to start booting, turn on the lcd all white and immediately the power led blink and it reboot itself, like if it have an error or it haven't enough power.

I've searched here on the forum and I've found many thread talking about power issue, but I'm currently doing many test and I'm not sure that's my case:
I'm using a 2.1A iPad Usb power charger and I've tried many different usb cables (even some with a big section), and even tried using a PC PSU directly on the pins 2+9 and 4+6, but it suddenly turn off almost all the time (It had worked another time randomly).
I've also measured the requested current, and it doesn't pass the 0.7/0.8A.
If I detach the DSI cable, all back to work normally.

Anyone can help me investigate this problem? Any advice?
How many possibilities there are that is a software problem?
In those case, there isn't any log about the boot phase? Any way I can understand if the kernel is not even loaded?
Any other test I can do to understand if it's a power related problem?

Just to give some other information: I'm using the Xenial minimal image by ayufan with the last uBoot/kernel/package etc
Also, I have 3 of this Pine64 and I've tried with all off them (with or without the wifi module)

Thanks to all for the help
Cheers
Mix

From description, still looks like power issue.
Thanks for the reply,

Any suggestion on some test to do? What type of power supply do you suggest to test out?

Thanks again
Hi, did you find a solution ? I am facing exactly the same issues, plus I also run in some very weird behaviour when powering the board via the DC in 5V on the Euler bus.
It is happening to me as well... weird.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine64 (analog) Audio Jack Output w/ Kernel 4.19 ecolezen 0 3,046 01-24-2019, 07:00 AM
Last Post: ecolezen
  PINE64 STEREO AUDIO DAC POT jtgiroux 0 3,132 01-12-2019, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jtgiroux
  Does Pine64+ have an internal hardware watchdog ? rahlquist 8 14,916 04-26-2018, 06:27 PM
Last Post: pfeerick
  Using the pine64 with AVR - HDMI pass-through Moshe.Vazan 4 6,068 01-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Moshe.Vazan
  I dropped my Pine64 DukeJustice 17 19,833 11-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Last Post: DukeJustice
  pine64+ cad files danlcarr 1 3,621 08-31-2016, 08:26 AM
Last Post: martinayotte
  Pine64+: 3 working, 1 shows nothing on tv zumtra 1 3,894 07-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Last Post: tllim
  mounting root filesystem via NFS on pine64+ issue martind1983 2 4,364 07-29-2016, 06:37 AM
Last Post: martind1983
  Cannot get PINE64 boards to boot andymelton 13 16,714 07-06-2016, 09:20 AM
Last Post: montero65
  Pine64 2G never up w/ strange Chinese words + w/o S/N tankie64 1 3,472 05-13-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: tllim