32bit OS, possible?
Is there any way of running a 32bit version of linux (preferably Debian) on the Pine64? 

I got my board a week ago and have realised that there's a lot of software lacking on the arm64 front (Plex Media Server, webmin), that I want to use.

My plan was to switch my Raspberry Pi 2 B+ (Media server, web server, file server) for the Pine64 for the extra power and Gigabit lan; without the ability to run the Plex Media Server I can't do any of this.
(05-06-2016, 01:12 AM)paulh77 Wrote: without the ability to run the Plex Media Server I can't do any of this.

Well, then start to think about that search field in the upper right corner of this browser window. If you search there for 'plex armhf' you get the idea how easy it is to use 32 bit software on Pine64 (given you chose the correct OS image and that's longsleep's original Xenial Ubuntu and none of the bloated/manipulated/buggy OS images from pine wiki).
Thanks.

There was no search available until I registered on the forum.
(05-06-2016, 03:17 AM)paulh77 Wrote: There was no search available until I registered on the forum.

I know. That's one of the many reasons why I call the 'state of documentation' for Pine64 horrible and it's no wonder that 8 out of 10 boards they get back as DOA work flawlessly in reality.

Most if not all knowledge is contained in forum posts that get constantly moved by some mods and are not searchable by the average user (since you would have to register first and most if not all people don't know how to limit web searches appropriately). And the so called FAQs are either irrelevant marketing chitchat spreading wrong information or blank.
(05-06-2016, 03:17 AM)paulh77 Wrote: Thanks.

No aware that search not available until registered. I will check and turn the search function available to unregistered user.
(05-06-2016, 11:39 AM)tllim Wrote:

No aware that search not available until registered. I will check and turn the search function available to unregistered user.

Same applies to images used in the forum. Unregistered user sees this

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=176]

vs. this

[Image: attachment.php?aid=176]
(05-06-2016, 11:39 AM)tllim Wrote:

The search feature already up for unregistered user (AKA guest). The wiki link also posted. Thanks on bring up, I always login and not aware this inconvenient for unregistered user.
(05-07-2016, 10:12 AM)tllim Wrote: The search feature already up for unregistered user (AKA guest). The wiki link also posted. Thanks on bring up, I always login and not aware this inconvenient for unregistered user.

Images still not available in full size without registration. Sad

That renders certain interesting forum threads absolutely useless. When do you start to look at your project from a backer's/customer's perspective? The view from the outside is 'somewhat' important if you want to understand what's going wrong here since months.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  32bit linux until Mali is ok? piner64 2 4,144 08-02-2016, 09:41 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777