Usa T-Mobile calls?
I've tried several different os's. And each time i try to make a call the diaper app closes the call screen. The latest one i tried was the kde plasma mobile image. The apn screen would not let me change anything or edit the apn. I did do an update && upgrade before trying. 

It's more than possible I'm doing something wrong. I'm so ready to ditch the Android ecosystem it's not funny. The biggest things I'm needing to do, is calls and texts. Which are supposedly working on most of the os's available. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 
Thank you.
Was able to make my first call with the Debian image shared via Twitter. It was grainy and disconnected. But still very happy. Wanted to mention this if anyone else has had problems getting a phone call to work. Excited to see what the future holds. :-)
(03-17-2020, 11:08 PM)Kiltnar Wrote: Was able to make my first call with the Debian image shared via Twitter. It was grainy and disconnected. But still very happy. Wanted to mention this if anyone else has had problems getting a phone call to work. Excited to see what the future holds. :-)

Using Debian/Phosh with AT&T sim card   (similar to Tmobile gsm)

Phone calls work very good even the speaker phone... both directions, in-coming and out going

SMS/text works pretty good, contact book a little rough but useable.

wifi works,  but the 2 browers ('web' and firefox) could both use help with scaling.

Problem with my sim card, I can get message from AT&T saying my 'plan does not include data'...  (But I do have data plan)

but that message does come from the data internet connection.  so that almost counts as working.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(04-02-2020, 09:29 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 11:08 PM)Kiltnar Wrote: Was able to make my first call with the Debian image shared via Twitter. It was grainy and disconnected. But still very happy. Wanted to mention this if anyone else has had problems getting a phone call to work. Excited to see what the future holds. :-)

Phone calls work very good even the speaker phone... both directions, in-coming and out going

wifi works,  but the 2 browers ('web' and firefox) could both use help with scaling.

Problem with my sim card, I can get message from AT&T saying my 'plan does not include data'...  (But I do have data plan)

but that message does come from the data internet connection.  so that almost counts as working.
Hey @bcnaz, did you have to do anything special to get the phone app working?  I've tried just about every OS available and none have worked for me.  With one, the sound doesn't work, another the mic doesn't work, or both, some will call out, some will take calls in (but I've yet to get a notification sound) but none have worked completely. I'm using an AT&T SIM card via Tracfone.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.
(04-09-2020, 11:50 AM)noeman5 Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 09:29 PM)bcnaz Wrote:

This is using Debian/Phosh  just out of the box,
Really the Best I have found myself...

UT did have a good release back weeks ago, but I lost track of which "ONE"
And it seems to me they appear to have

Hey @bcnaz, did you have to do anything special to get the phone app working?  I've tried just about every OS available and none have worked for me.  With one, the sound doesn't work, another the mic doesn't work, or both, some will call out, some will take calls in (but I've yet to get a notification sound) but none have worked completely.  I'm using an AT&T SIM card via Tracfone.

No,  nothing but using the graphical interface.

The phone and text just work, in-coming rings the phone,  no choice of ring tones (yet)
voice works pretty good both directions..

Though when using the speaker phone option, my son complained there is a bit of an echo at his end.
but it sounded pretty good at my end.

On the data,  :

name: NXTGENPHONE
apn: NXTGENPHONE

I get to the "AT&T sign-in page"  but it gives me a notice I do not have data on my plan.

with:

Name: ATTBroadband
apn: Broadband

I get to the next page where I can sign-in to my AT&T prepaid account,  but that is as far as I have got so far.

OH   wifi works real nice,  just could use better scaling on the web pages.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is there an progam to forward calls and texts to my desktop dallytaur 2 894 11-01-2023, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Samurai_Crow
  Abiword as a office mobile word processor for the Pinephone? Peter Gamma 11 2,212 10-24-2023, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Proximity lock on Plasma Mobile alpineduck 0 998 08-14-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: alpineduck
  Article: NuttX RTOS for PinePhone: Phone Calls and Text Messages lupyuen 2 1,425 05-03-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
Information Quick&dirty VPN quick setting button for Plasma Mobile Kevin Kofler 0 1,042 04-06-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Mepo - Minimalist and hackable OSM map viewer for mobile linux mil 22 14,572 10-31-2022, 07:29 AM
Last Post: mil
  Help wanted: location of calls and chatty data files dukla2000 3 4,646 06-13-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: israel
  HowTo: Get a passcode from DUO Mobile working on the Pinephone kop316 2 3,751 01-16-2022, 03:46 PM
Last Post: michel_luc
  GTK Rust mobile Linux client for Signal Be. 14 19,864 11-11-2021, 05:35 PM
Last Post: sativista
  Choosing Wi-Fi or Mobile Data sergio.pantalone 1 1,635 10-14-2021, 12:28 PM
Last Post: kqlnut