Motor is always on, always
Bug 
Hello wonderful Pine64 people,

First off, I read all the other threads on vibrating and motors on this forum for the pinephone. I don't see a fix for my problem with an otherwise cool phone. I got my really cool pinephone in the mail earlier this month, and it vibrates all the time it is on. Before the booting even shows light on the screen, the motor is vibrating. It vibrated from the first moment I turned it on. It vibrates after the screen shuts down, and up until the phone is completely off. It vibrates now. I tried booting a different OS to see if it the motor still runs all the time, it does, it still has the same issue. So, it likely isn't a programming issue. When I contacted support I was told: 

Hello (Motor_why),

Please to inform you that the PinePhone batch consider as developer state, for more info on PinePhone bring up, please visit PINE64 forum and also communicate with developers at PinePhone IRC, http://www.pine64.xyz, /join #pinephone

Your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated.

support team#2...

I don't know what to do. I am now posting here, Reddit. The private outreach didn't work, and since I can't return it for a phone that is vibrating all over, I'm willing to do what people recommend. 

I really want this phone to work. 

Sincerely,
Motor_why
(02-23-2020, 11:56 PM)Motor_why Wrote: Hello wonderful Pine64 people,

First off, I read all the other threads on vibrating and motors on this forum for the pinephone. I don't see a fix for my problem with an otherwise cool phone. I got my really cool pinephone in the mail earlier this month, and it vibrates all the time it is on. Before the booting even shows light on the screen, the motor is vibrating. It vibrated from the first moment I turned it on. It vibrates after the screen shuts down, and up until the phone is completely off. It vibrates now. I tried booting a different OS to see if it the motor still runs all the time, it does, it still has the same issue. So, it likely isn't a programming issue. When I contacted support I was told: 

Hello (Motor_why),

Please to inform you that the PinePhone batch consider as developer state, for more info on PinePhone bring up, please visit PINE64 forum and also communicate with developers at PinePhone IRC, http://www.pine64.xyz, /join #pinephone

Your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated.

support team#2...

I don't know what to do. I am now posting here, Reddit. The private outreach didn't work, and since I can't return it for a phone that is vibrating all over, I'm willing to do what people recommend. 

I really want this phone to work. 

Sincerely,
Motor_why

Hey Motor_Why,

I had a very similar issue and was able to resolve very carefully with disassembling the back case, and very gently moving a wire that was pinched. Only tool needed was a small screwdriver. Maybe take a look at https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9159

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug DESIGN ISSUE? Speaker + vibration motor broke for the 2nd time e1337 11 4,284 01-26-2023, 10:11 PM
Last Post: AnAbolitionist
  New vibration motor not working Zebulon Walton 5 5,520 11-13-2021, 03:00 AM
Last Post: kqlnut
Bug Braveheart motor buzzes with pinch Charims 7 8,143 10-04-2020, 11:12 AM
Last Post: roncella