Setting Time and Date
Has anyone had any luck changing the time and date?  It seems to be stuck on GMT.  I can get to the setting that allows me to enter my location, it suggests my city, state, country but when I click on it, nothing happens.  If I try to manually set the time, it ignores the reset.  I've tried a couple of command line entries in terminal, but even those haven't helped.  Being connected to wi-fi doesn't seem to help, maybe once I get a carrier and connect it to their network it will force the change.  Anyone know?
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.
Date and time are automatically set when running Ubuntu Touch or Sailfish OS. I did not tried with another OS.
I had to configure manually on ubports.
And not by select the good time zone in the UI

But
dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
did it
(02-10-2020, 02:47 AM)rico Wrote: I had to configure manually on ubports.

But
dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
did it

Hmm that didn't work either. I get a box on the screen that talks about subsequent boxes narrowing down my geographic location, but clicking on Ok does nothing.
(02-13-2020, 06:56 AM)noeman5 Wrote:

But
dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
did it

Hmm that didn't work either. I get a box on the screen that talks about subsequent boxes narrowing down my geographic location, but clicking on Ok does nothing.

I got time and date working by ssh and setting the locale and hwclock.  The GUI time date setting was just too touchy.  Also, when the manual set was correct, it just wouldn't set.  When I got the locale and hwclock set after ssh'ing in, I went back to the GUI, checked automatic setting, then rebooted and the correct time was there.  To get root priv. I had to de-set screen lock, then I could sudo su on the ssh session then I could set a root password.  Then ssh in I'd sudo su, get to enter the root password, then have root privileges.  I may have dpkg-reconfigured unity8 as well, not sure.  But early on the hwclock --show would have both the local time and UTC time correct but booting would show the GUI time off by 5 hours.
(02-13-2020, 11:19 AM)soyrunner Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 06:56 AM)noeman5 Wrote:

But
dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
did it

I got time and date working by ssh and setting the locale and hwclock.  The GUI time date setting was just too touchy.  Also, when the manual set was correct, it just wouldn't set.  When I got the locale and hwclock set after ssh'ing in, I went back to the GUI, checked automatic setting, then rebooted and the correct time was there.  To get root priv. I had to de-set screen lock, then I could sudo su on the ssh session then I could set a root password.  Then ssh in I'd sudo su, get to enter the root password, then have root privileges.  I may have dpkg-reconfigured unity8 as well, not sure.  But early on the hwclock --show would have both the local time and UTC time correct but booting would show the GUI time off by 5 hours.
Thanks soyrunner, but I just downloaded and flashed the latest image and the time and date settings seem to work.  They must have found and fixed the bug.
on PostmarketOS:

Code:
sudo setup-timezone
Then you can type '?' to see the available timezones and finally set your timezone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug DESIGN ISSUE? Speaker + vibration motor broke for the 2nd time e1337 11 4,098 01-26-2023, 10:11 PM
Last Post: AnAbolitionist
  Pinephone time goes too slow (not a 2115 year problem) grwlf 1 1,612 02-06-2022, 05:05 AM
Last Post: grwlf
Thumbs Up Airgapped Pinephone already reaches standby time of 6-8 days kuleszdl 6 4,060 01-19-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: GrapeJuice
  Battery/wifi problems every time I take the battery out to change SIM or SD card BlunderingBushcraft 6 7,234 08-25-2020, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bcnaz