Looking for some OMV information.
I'm looking into changing my current NAS setup which is a 1GB rock64 running nextcloupi and plex media server, with a 1TB usb drive as my main drive and another 1TB drive as a mirror of the first.  I was considering building a dedicated FreeNAS setup, but I had abandoned a similar project 7 years ago due to the size and power consumption of full size motherboard in favor of a raspberry pi(which I upgraded serveral times until switching to a rock64 board).  Is anyone running OMV on a rock64 with the plex media server plugin installed.  I'm looking at OMV to simplify my current backup scheme.  I run rsync on a cronjob to mirror my main drive to my backup drive, but since switching over to my rock64 my rsync doesn't work correctly.  Would I be able to run OMV and plex on a 1GB board or would I need a 2 or 4GB board?  My plan is to keep my current nextcloud instance running as is except i'd move plex to my OMV board and back up everything to OMV.  Thanks for any input.
This is a bit of a me-too post (the boards are a little quiet for rock64 so replying to show there is interest!).

I'm only running OMV, I'd not thought about installing a plex server plugin. I'm interested to hear if anyone has done this on a 1Gb board too.
Yes, freeNAS (the father of OMV) and OMV both have a plex media server plugin. That was one reason I was looking at returning to my full size motherboard build, it just seems that plex running on the same system would function better than running it from another board and using the NAS as it's storage. But if someone will verify that it's works from a rock64 i'd rather stick with that option just becasue of the power consumption, and the heat a full size MB would put out. Even if I need to get a 4GB rock64 i'm fine with that if it will work.
(02-08-2020, 03:18 PM)clach04 Wrote: This is a bit of a me-too post (the boards are a little quiet for rock64 so replying to show there is interest!).

I'm only running OMV, I'd not thought about installing a plex server plugin. I'm interested to hear if anyone has done this on a 1Gb board too.

clach04,
I've been doing some testing, and contrary to what i've been reading I was able to install the plex server plug in directly from the plugin page.  I had read that docker was needed to run plex, but i  installed the plugin and logged in without any issues,  I haven't actually used plex but it installed and ran.  I then uninstalled it and tried the docker plugin and intended on installing plex in docker, however i ran out of room on my 16GB sd card.  When i get time i'll flash it to an 128GB SSD that i have and boot from that and see how it does in that environment.