Did you pay import tax?
Yes
50.53%
No
49.47%
95 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it?
(02-12-2020, 03:51 PM)Luke Wrote: ... I am honestly asking: would you rather pay more and have it quicker?

Yes.

The main issue is probably sticker-shock as we are all so used to "free P&P" - in reality it always costs and I understand and prefer that Pine should be explicit on the price of the goody and the price of the P&P.

The whole issue of import taxes/local VAT etc plus the gouging charges by the carriers is irksome but a fact of being a citizen of whichever country we live in (I have read parts of the similar PBP thread).

I am not sure how many Li-ion battery shipping options there are. For sure I don't know what the $35 PBP DHL shipping would be for a PinePhone, arguably a little lower (maybe $25-30?) but a whole heap quicker and more accountable.

At the bottom end I hypothesize Hong Kong post offers a $10 option which may be very slow. For sure Pine64 needs tracked - not sure if my hypothetical HK mail option provides that.

But to me seems Asendia was a bit more expensive than HK mail, a bit cheaper than DHL, but with both pathetic delivery time and tracking.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did you have to pay import tax and how much was it? - by dukla2000 - 02-12-2020, 04:12 PM