Packaging considerations
(02-03-2020, 09:48 PM)hockleyj Wrote: Also the Red USB-C cable is very odd choice as it has no relationship to the brand or device. so why red a colour instead of a blue that whould relate better to pine customers ?

For the red cable, I would like to answer you a personal opinion totally unrelated to the idea that the producers might have and a hypothetical "correct idea".
I think that the market has accustomed us to have a "sense" on what should be "apparently" right or wrong (so just the way they look).
Nowadays it's full of people who review the package (not from the point of view of how protective it is, but from the aesthetic point of view).
Frankly for me a cable is a cable, whether it's red, purple, blue, black... it makes no difference.
I can say that I'm glad it's red so I don't confuse it with the other cables (which are all black) but if it was phosphorescent green I was more happier because I could see it at night in the dark.
I don't know why but I like to see that there are companies like Pine64 that don't care about adopting solutions considered "weird" by common sense but that maybe have some other more logical reason to be (red to distinguish a special cable).
But it is all imho, I repeat.

Messages In This Thread
Packaging considerations - by simp - 01-31-2020, 06:51 AM
RE: Packaging considerations - by simp - 01-31-2020, 08:20 AM
RE: Packaging considerations - by tllim - 02-01-2020, 12:33 AM
RE: Packaging considerations - by hockleyj - 02-03-2020, 09:48 PM
RE: Packaging considerations - by vinnie - 02-03-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: Packaging considerations - by hockleyj - 02-04-2020, 06:24 PM
RE: Packaging considerations - by wibble - 02-05-2020, 11:01 AM