Countries frequency bands
Dears,

Would anyone know if Pine Phone would work 100% (data, voice, etc) in Brazil. 
My current local courier is Vivo.

Thank you for any insights!
(12-03-2019, 03:08 PM)grouba Wrote: Dears,

Would anyone know if Pine Phone would work 100% (data, voice, etc) in Brazil. 
My current local courier is Vivo.

Thank you for any insights!

Do you know what bands need to be supported?

Bands supported by the PinePhone are on the wiki
https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/PinePh...ifications
You also need to check ifl your cellular providers use whitelists for devices, like some US providers seem to do.
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
@xalius you mean that the provider block the access to unknown devices? How do they do that?
(12-04-2019, 10:12 AM)ivanB1975 Wrote: @xalius you mean that the provider block the access to unknown devices? How do they do that?

By IMEI or part of the IMEI I think.
(12-03-2019, 05:31 PM)xalius Wrote: You also need to check ifl your cellular providers use whitelists for devices, like some US providers seem to do.

(12-04-2019, 11:20 AM)VaZso Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 10:12 AM)ivanB1975 Wrote: @xalius you mean that the provider block the access to unknown devices? How do they do that?

By IMEI or part of the IMEI I think.

This is unfortunate. Hopefully in Switzerland it is not the case.
But let me understand one thing, maybe it is possible to change the imei as you do for the mac address of the network cards?

where is this information encoded and can't you change software like you do for macs inside network packets?
(12-10-2019, 08:29 PM)vinnie Wrote: But let me understand one thing, maybe it is possible to change the imei as you do for the mac address of the network cards?

where is this information encoded and can't you change software like you do for macs inside network packets?
It's meant to be a fixed, unique identifier for the device. In some jurisdictions it's illegal to change it without authorisation, in part because most of the reasons to change it involve theft or fraud. In this case I'd expect it to be baked into the modem module, and that the manufacturer won't make public any tool to change it.
I I understand the problem of anti theft policy but often I think it depends on the use you make of a resource. There are many "private" chats (like tox, signal...) that can be used for criminal purposes, not for this reason I would condemn these software.
If my phone operator forbids me to use the phone for political reasons, if I could change imei, I would do it immediately (I have a lot of old phones, maybe I could steal the imei from one of them).
The mac is also information stored inside the hardware but what I think is done is to create the package by replacing this address with another software side. But probably it is not possible to make the same with imei.
I will take a pinephone for a mjoor ride through East EU towards the stans .
Will it work in
France
Poland
Romania
Ukrania
Russia
Kirgistan
Uzbekistan
Azerbaidjan
Kazakstan
Tadjikistan
Turkey