Fingerprint sensor
Would it be possible to connect a fingerprint sensor to the pogo pins on the back of the phone?
In theory yes, although it may need a small microcontroller to do translation between the I2C bus available on the pins and whatever interface the fingerprint sensor uses. It would also need some OS support - I've not looked to see if/how the fingerprint sensors on other devices are already supported in the various OS options.
The M5Stack Finger Hat may be worth a look - it has a serial (UART) interface to a fingerprint sensor, although the sensor itself seems to use SPI. It would need either a low power microcontroller or a UART to I2C interface do the translation, and to generate an interrupt when necessary.
Then you need another kill switch for the fingerprint detector... Many users of pinephone might get horrified about this feature. More than SPI sounds as SPY!!
I'd assume those horrified users would just not buy one in the first place, let alone install it. The proposal is for an extra that's attached via the pogo pins after all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Which OS' currently support the Pinephone fingerprint reader case? danimations 0 1,112 03-02-2022, 11:08 PM
Last Post: danimations
  Getting started with fingerprint scanner case lolgzs 0 863 01-24-2022, 02:28 PM
Last Post: lolgzs
  OTG addon PCB of temperature sensor etc. peacemakerv 1 2,715 10-02-2020, 06:26 PM
Last Post: tllim