2 pin connections to control the key
Hi everyone,

In the PineTime schematic v1.0, the main button (J6 KEY) is connected to the nRF52832 MCU pins P0.13 and P0.15, both circuits are pulled-down externally and receiving VCC33 when key is pressed.

I can not figure out the motivation to use  2 MCU pins to control the key. May be is it intended to detect whether the key is there, in the case?    Confused  

Regards,
Rafa
Hi!

I checked on the schematic, on the PCB, and wherever i could, but couldn't explain that.

As the label is misindicated on the schematic, my first guess was that was a non-corrected error. Then, i checked on the NRF datasheet, in case of the tri-state of the µC could serve as "debounce hack contraption", but, clearly, i have no better idea.

Debounce could be a nice one, but i doubt it.
I'm mad, and i have a plan.
(10-25-2019, 07:40 AM)larzuk Wrote: As the label is misindicated on the schematic, my first guess was that was a non-corrected error. Then, i checked on the NRF datasheet, in case of the tri-state of the µC could serve as "debounce hack contraption", but, clearly, i have no better idea.

Debounce could be a nice one, but i doubt it.

If the button has 2 positions (SPDP) to indicate fully pressed and fully released, it's perfect to debounce by software and manage it with interruptions (power saving). I don't have pinetime-devkit0 at the moment... Is the button a SPDP?

[Image: SPDT-Switch.svg]