FedEx top up
Question 
I've got an email asking for a top up for FedEx shipping services.
I didn't see any info on this when I was making payment, so I'd like to confirm that that's the case and everyone is aware of this.
Is the email claiming to be from FedEx, or Pine64?
(08-02-2019, 03:27 AM)Bicko Wrote: Is the email claiming to be from FedEx, or Pine64?

Pine64.
The money request is from "Syabas Technology Hong Kong, Limited".
It's a little worrying. Thanks for the heads up.
Hopefully an official answer will be along soon.
This is a bit confusing. For one, why is the parcel with FedEx? - Pinebooks only ship with DHL. Could you email pinebook@pine64.org and figure out why FedEx has it?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-02-2019, 04:10 AM)Luke Wrote: This is a bit confusing. For one, why is the parcel with FedEx? - Pinebooks only ship with DHL. Could you email pinebook@pine64.org and figure out why FedEx has it?

That's the address I've got the email from.
Maybe it's FedEx because of the international shipping?
(08-02-2019, 04:12 AM)rckt Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 04:10 AM)Luke Wrote: This is a bit confusing. For one, why is the parcel with FedEx? - Pinebooks only ship with DHL. Could you email pinebook@pine64.org and figure out why FedEx has it?

That is exceedingly unlikely. Does DHL & FedEx cooperate somehow in your country? Some shipping carriers also add a charge if they deliver to a remote destination - so that can be it. Otherwise... I cannot see what the cause of this is. Please reach out to pinebook@pine64.org and ask. Mind you, with the PBP launch they may be drowning in "when do pre-orders start / where is my pre-order / etc.,?" emails, so it can be a little while before they get back to you.

(08-02-2019, 05:48 AM)Luke Wrote:

That is exceedingly unlikely. Does DHL & FedEx cooperate somehow in your country? Some shipping carriers also add a charge if they deliver to a remote destination - so that can be it. Otherwise... I cannot see what the cause of this is. Please reach out to pinebook@pine64.org and ask. Mind you, with the PBP launch they may be drowning in "when do pre-orders start / where is my pre-order / etc.,?" emails, so it can be a little while before they get back to you.

As I mentioned earlier the email I got was from that address, pinebook@pine64org.
It was FedEx from the very start. The FedEx expenses were there while my checkout process.
The only reason I created this topic is to be sure that this top up is something that Pinebook team is aware of.
(08-02-2019, 05:53 AM)rckt Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 05:48 AM)Luke Wrote:

As I mentioned earlier the email I got was from that address, pinebook@pine64org.
It was FedEx from the very start. The FedEx expenses were there while my checkout process.
The only reason I created this topic is to be sure that this top up is something that Pinebook team is aware of.

Sorry, didn't notice what you wrote earlier. And yes, regarding the FedEx option, render me surprised - I'll find out and get back to you here or in the chat.

@Luke
Any news on this?