New Forum
As you can tell, the new forum is up; you can read about it and the functionality here.
To the best of our knowledge the update went smoothly and everything works.

If you experience any issues or find something broken, please report it here. Thanks!

[edit] due to feedback we've gotten we'll be trying implementing a couple improvements in the next few days - the forum will stay up, but you can expect to experience broken icons etc.,
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(05-23-2019, 05:06 PM)Luke Wrote: As you can tell, the new forum is up; you can read about it and the functionality here.

If you experience any issues or find something broken, please report it here. Thanks!

I've had issues logging in the forum since the update, a quick discussion with Luke uncovered a cookie problem. Clearing the cache does nothing, but clearing cookies makes the forum great again.

How to firefox: https://imgur.com/a/dCO0mX0
(05-24-2019, 02:36 AM)bendem Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 05:06 PM)Luke Wrote: As you can tell, the new forum is up; you can read about it and the functionality here.

I've had issues logging in the forum since the update, a quick discussion with Luke uncovered a cookie problem. Clearing the cache does nothing, but clearing cookies makes the forum great again.

How to firefox: https://imgur.com/a/dCO0mX0

For anyone who was logged on the old forum at the time we did the transition, it's likely that login cookies are still set up for it and giving you a bad time. Thanks for making that demonstration.

For Chrome users: https://puu.sh/DwCWw/6367fe0328.mp4
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

I have difficulties to make the difference between read/unread topics, they are not shown with different tints/colors as the folders/subforums , although for the folders/subforums the difference in brightness are not really big ...
(05-24-2019, 09:10 AM)martinayotte Wrote: I have difficulties to make the difference between read/unread topics, they are not shown with different tints/colors as the folders/subforums , although for the folders/subforums the difference in brightness are not really big ...

Yes. We already got this feedback - the issues is, in part, cloudflare caching ... after making a change we have to wait forever to see the outcome. Right now it looks (on my end) like the icons just broke. Pain in the behind.

You all made your opinions clear: the old thread status icons were bad. They've been redone now!

Black open envelope -- no new posts
Blue closed envelope -- new posts
Gray circled X -- thread locked
Red closed envelope -- new posts in hot thread
Red sun -- hot thread

Hope this is less confusing Smile
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

nothing major but i noticed the last visited time that was displayed by the login name at the top is no longer there and all the archived pm's are gone. ?
(05-24-2019, 12:37 PM)fire219 Wrote: You all made your opinions clear: the old thread status icons were bad. They've been redone now!

Hope this is less confusing Smile

Looks great... Thanks!  Big Grin Big Grin
Is it not possible to have the unread topics in bold like on that old forum? It is really very hard to recognize new and old threads.
(05-27-2019, 11:48 PM)Wizzard Wrote: Is it not possible to have the unread topics in bold like on that old forum? It is really very hard to recognize new and old threads.

Yea, good idea. Lets ask @fire219 Smile

edit:
@Wizzard  its done. Hope this feels more familiar and is useful.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Restructuring pineadmin 0 3,232 03-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: pineadmin