Cases and temperature
Hi all,

I am thinking about buying the ROCKPro64 as an upgrade for a RaspberryPi, where I have running a NAS and a Nextcloud instance.

After having a look into the cases available, I have discarded the one for NAS as I already have the storage separately, so I am interested in the 'ROCKPro64 PREMIUM ALUMINUM CASING', detailed below:

https://www.pine64.org/?product=rockpro6...num-casing

I have read that it has a heat pipe connecting to the SoC, but is it really enough to keep the ROCKPro64 cold enough? I am wondering this because it seems there is not any air flow in the case.

Do anyone has this case who could give me some feedback about it?

Thank you all very much in advance.
(04-27-2019, 09:47 AM)davidm Wrote: I have read that it has a heat pipe connecting to the SoC, but is it really enough to keep the ROCKPro64 cold enough? I am wondering this because it seems there is not any air flow in the case.

You can connect a 12v case fan to keep things cooler.
(04-27-2019, 04:26 PM)evilbunny Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 09:47 AM)davidm Wrote: I have read that it has a heat pipe connecting to the SoC, but is it really enough to keep the ROCKPro64 cold enough? I am wondering this because it seems there is not any air flow in the case.

You can connect a 12v case fan to keep things cooler.

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

I understand you mean another case with space allocation for a fan, can you please recommend me one?

About the one I am interested in, do you know how cold it can be? Would it be enough for a normal temperature range?
(04-29-2019, 02:13 AM)davidm Wrote: I understand you mean another case with space allocation for a fan, can you please recommend me one?

About the one I am interested in, do you know how cold it can be? Would it be enough for a normal temperature range?

I don't use a fan on mine, just the 30mm heatsink, and it stays below thermal throttling (~83C).

Also the pinebook pro, modified rockpro64 board, will use the bottom part of the laptop case as the heat sink and no fan.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reading the CPU temperature elahav 3 4,849 11-16-2019, 05:44 PM
Last Post: xalius