Handbrake
Hi,

I don't have enough experience on linux base operating systems. Before I buy Rock64, I thought if I have a linux base operating system I can access to all linux programs. That was good if I could use this low consumption single board computer as a video converter. But when I load lxde bionic I figured out there is no software center. So I tried to install via command line but no success. After a few try I managed to install it with flatpak and all dependencies was installed successfully. Despite of all, it wasn't run. I think it is because of CPU architecture but after a few searches I found this thread:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...5&start=50
Can any body explain to me can I use Hand brake on Rock64 or not?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
(03-31-2019, 12:12 PM)moh.yazdani Wrote: Hi,

I don't have enough experience on linux base operating systems. Before I buy Rock64, I thought if I have a linux base operating system I can access to all linux programs. That was good if I could use this low consumption single board computer as a video converter. But when I load lxde bionic I figured out there is no software center. So I tried to install via command line but no success. After a few try I managed to install it with flatpak and all dependencies was installed successfully. Despite of all, it wasn't run. I think it is because of CPU architecture but after a few searches I found this thread:

Yes, you can.
I managed to build it from source files and git repository on Ubuntu for Rock64.
It's a bit of a tour de force, but I am currently encoding a file with it.
Nice thing is that I also managed to run the gtk (graphical user interface version) which shows, which automatically chooses presets fitting for the specific source you select.

If someone is interested I will post all build updates needed to get it running.
Currently I have disabled hardware accelerated parts of ffmpeg (assembly instruction acceleration) because some code with inline assembly gets an assembler error for aarch64.
I have to look into that, to see if I get that running also.
From the test that I currently run it seems to go at a similar conversion speed compared to my 3.0 GHz core two duo 2009 iMac.

.jpeg   9C7572FF-CAE6-4930-AFA2-E1A63DF436CF_1_105_c.jpeg (Size: 124.67 KB / Downloads: 308)
(03-31-2019, 12:12 PM)moh.yazdani Wrote: Hi,

Ok, I compiled a build recipe, see attached file.

Attached Files
.txt   dependencies.txt (Size: 5.58 KB / Downloads: 296)