Nothing but red light.
I got my 1GB Pine64 today, and was excited to finally try it.

Until I couldn't get it to boot.

After flashing the Debian image to a microSD card, I cannot get it to boot. Nothing but the red power light. I've tried two different TVs, different SD cards, different systems flashing the card, redownloading the image, flashing it several times (Win32DiskImager; this image does not need PhoenixCard), different power supplies, and different cables, and checking for network connectivity (no traffic found). 

I'm at my wit's end. Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong, other than a DOA board?
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(04-16-2016, 06:06 PM)fire219 Wrote: I got my 1GB Pine64 today, and was excited to finally try it.

After flashing the Debian image to a microSD card, I cannot get it to boot. Nothing but the red power light. I've tried two different TVs, different SD cards, different systems flashing the card, redownloading the image, flashing it several times (Win32DiskImager; this image does not need PhoenixCard), different power supplies, and different cables, and checking for network connectivity (no traffic found). 

I'm at my wit's end. Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong, other than a DOA board?

Are you connecting to the TV via HDMI, or are you trying to use some kind of HDMI > VGA/DVI adapter? Because that can be problematic.

Also, which rating (volts and amps) and make (branding) of power supplies have you tried?
(04-16-2016, 06:12 PM)SkairkrohBule Wrote:
(04-16-2016, 06:06 PM)fire219 Wrote: I got my 1GB Pine64 today, and was excited to finally try it.

Are you connecting to the TV via HDMI, or are you trying to use some kind of HDMI > VGA/DVI adapter? Because that can be problematic.

Also, which rating (volts and amps) and make (branding) of power supplies have you tried?
Direct HDMI.

I've tried an old Samsung (5V 700mA -- i know the amperage is not enough) charger and a newer LG (5V 1.8A) one.

Edit: LG charger is 1.8A, not 2.1
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Try the Ubuntu image. I had the same issue with the Android image. At the very least you will know if it works at all.
(04-17-2016, 07:39 AM)ejanuska Wrote: Try the Ubuntu image. I had the same issue with the Android image. At the very least you will know if it works at all.

Ubuntu image would take hours to download on my internet connection. I'll try the Arch one though.

EDIT: I see the minimal longsleep images for Ubuntu. I'll try those.

Minimal Ubuntu image doesn't boot either.
Starting to think my Pine is DOA Sad

(04-17-2016, 08:08 AM)fire219 Wrote:
(04-17-2016, 07:39 AM)ejanuska Wrote: Try the Ubuntu image. I had the same issue with the Android image. At the very least you will know if it works at all.

Ubuntu image would take hours to download on my internet connection. I'll try the Arch one though.

EDIT: I see the minimal longsleep images for Ubuntu. I'll try those.

Minimal Ubuntu image doesn't boot either.
Starting to think my Pine is DOA Sad

I'm having the same issues. I have tried EVERY OS out there for it and it's not working for me either.
(04-17-2016, 10:40 AM)yourhighpriestess Wrote: I'm having the same issues. I have tried EVERY OS out there for it and it's not working for me either.

According to another post you try it with a 512GB card. Why do you expect that this should work?

BTW: Already went through all steps outlined here: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=514
Seems that my board isn't completely dead. It will respond to FEL mode, but to actually load anything through that seems impossible, since the A64 SoC acts different from most of the other Allwinner chips.

But it looks like my board does not even recognize an SD card when given one.

(04-17-2016, 11:06 AM)tkaiser Wrote:
(04-17-2016, 10:40 AM)yourhighpriestess Wrote: I'm having the same issues. I have tried EVERY OS out there for it and it's not working for me either.

According to another post you try it with a 512GB card. Why do you expect that this should work?

BTW: Already went through all steps outlined here: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=514

I have  a 1gb board. 512GB sd card.
(04-17-2016, 11:06 AM)tkaiser Wrote:

I know you're not directing that link at me, but I've already tried everything in that thread.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PBP won't power. Charge light solid orange/red but turns off. cmicallef 15 12,317 03-12-2021, 07:08 PM
Last Post: cmicallef
  Power light flashes on then nothing foxy82 13 19,912 08-08-2016, 02:03 AM
Last Post: pfeerick