Windows 10 on ARM
I didn't even see this until today but I do understand why some would not like to go with Windows 10. It seems that Microsoft is working on a full version of windows 10 on arm/arm64 computers. People have even gotten it to work on the RPi 3b+, as sad as that is, very slow.

I'm setting up an ISO right now but not sure it will work.

downloaded the image. There is a utility they made to set it up for the RPi

you need a USB driver and a UEFI to set it up.

In theory, the USB driver the RPi is using might work already. The question then comes in to the UEFI file.
ok, you need a whole lot more drivers then the USB driver.

the RPi needs
BCM2836 PWM Driver
bcm2836sdhc.sys
dwusb.sys (usb)
rpisdhc.sys (sdcard)
rpiwav.sys (sound?)
SerPL011.sys (ARM PL011 UART driver)

likely we would be a driver for the EMMC and other USB formats. PCIe drivers. SATA, ect.
(08-22-2018, 06:30 AM)Firesped Wrote: I didn't even see this until today but I do understand why some would not like to go with Windows 10. It seems that Microsoft is working on a full version of windows 10 on arm/arm64 computers. People have even gotten it to work on the RPi 3b+, as sad as that is, very slow.

I'm setting up an ISO right now but not sure it will work.

downloaded the image. There is a utility they made to set it up for the RPi

you need a USB driver and a UEFI to set it up.

In theory, the USB driver the RPi is using might work already. The question then comes in to the UEFI file.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/arm/

Interesting though as I am having enough pain with ChromiumOS and thought with the OP1 chromebooks it wouldn't be such a hurdle, still getting to grips with how the RockPro64 works.
Windows 10 Running Qualcomm ARMv8.2 Nativ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support for Windows IoT Core? Ben Hayat 3 5,665 06-07-2018, 12:17 AM
Last Post: dkryder