Cluster Rack
I just wondered if anyone was aware of these?

http://my.bitscope.com/store/?p=view&i=product+BR20A

I have one here now, the BB02A blades seem to work just great with the Rock64 with slight modification.

The plastic spacer needs to be either replaced with a slightly longer one or some nylon washers added to give a tiny bit more height.
Nice, got any pictures ?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Unfortunately, not yet.

I currently have 5 Rock64 so I have bought 3 of the BB02B blades and the chassis. I have been running the BB02B of a regular powerbrick because....

The chassis I got from Farnell in the UK http://uk.farnell.com/camdenboss/cbbrack...t=bitscope and it literally is just the case, a quite overpriced one at that.

A vital component was missing and it isn't available at Farnell apparently for a few months and that is the "cluster plate", see image, these are the things you actually attache the blades to within the case. I've had to contact Bitscope in AU and they are supplying them from there. They come in pairs and you need two pairs to populate the whole box. They are $75 each. I'm still waiting on this to be invoiced so I'm not sure whether it is Australian $, I hope so. Did I mention that this is not cheap? Smile

[Image: clusterplate.jpg]

If you don't want the full rack you can go with the smaller devices and run them off a power brick.

There is the BB02 and the BB04, there is also one with a bay for a Pi Hat:

[Image: bitscope.jpg]

I'm not sure about the BB04 though as it will only deliver 4 amps across all 4 devices.

They come with sticky plastic feet that can then be used to wall mount too:

[Image: 46-FB26H.jpg]
Very cool. Still its quite bulky, I think that if I needed a cluster I'd go for the clusterboard with SOPine modules and just get a cheap mini itx compatible server case like Xalius did Smile

I did like the look of those but the 2GB RAM and lack of available emmc slot put me off.
(06-14-2018, 04:52 AM)digitaldaz Wrote: I did like the look of those but the 2GB RAM and lack of available emmc slot put me off.

Fully understand.

(06-14-2018, 04:52 AM)digitaldaz Wrote: I did like the look of those but the 2GB RAM and lack of available emmc slot put me off.

The original design is first SOPine has the eMMC module and the rest 6 modules PXE boot from first SOPine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for advice on power supply for a rack of 4+ Rock64's fwo19 4 6,241 02-10-2018, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Gary_Cole