Constant high load
**Server setup**

Rock 64 4GB
Xenial minimal: Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.126-rockchip-ayufan-227 aarch64)

**Problem**

I recently did a full "sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade" (not sure it's related), and had a lot problems since.

My "load average" and core use is recently very high. If I examine using htop, I notice a lot of it is taken up by sabnzbd (which I'm running in a docker container). I used to have a "load average" in use of 2-3, max 4-5 and now it easily gets up to 8-9 when downloading two files.

I also had a bunch of system crashes, which I can't seem to replicate, which I'm now assuming was due to high load.

I'm not sure it's related, but I checked out the kern.log and syslog and saw nothing out of the ordinary, except for an incredible amount of these errors (or similar):

Code:
uses deprecated CP15 Barrier instruction at 0xf6646c30
cp15barrier_handler: 416 callbacks suppressed
The deprecated CP15 message just means you are running some 32 bit code that was compiled for ARM V6. It isn't a problem as such, but you would get better performance if the code was re-built for v7 or better still aarch64. No ideas on the high load average.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Constant RockPro64 PCIe SATA Issues Kwarter 0 1,224 01-22-2022, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Kwarter
  High quality metal case incoming :) Luke 8 9,481 08-25-2018, 07:53 PM
Last Post: jsfrederick